Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
271293 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook iq 701
Question help me

heya i joined in hopes of understanding how this pocketbook iq 701 works. I enjoy reading but is a bit slow in technologic. please help me out my parents would be heartbroken if they see me with a paperback. and im desperate for a good book!!
271293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by 271293 View Post
heya i joined in hopes of understanding how this pocketbook iq 701 works. I enjoy reading but is a bit slow in technologic. please help me out my parents would be heartbroken if they see me with a paperback. and im desperate for a good book!!
Hi and welcome to MR. I don't know the answer to your question, but I have moved this thread to the Pocketbook Forum and hope some nice member there will be able to help you.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
There's a fair amount of threads around here on the IQ, dating back to its release last year.
Skim the titles to see what folks have been doing with/to them.

A good starting point might be this one, on how to get Android apps into it.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=107626

If you're primary interest is in ebooks, you may want to look into the Kindle, Kobo, and Nook apps, as well as Coolreader3 and Aldiko. For Library ebooks, Overdrive Media Console, and for audio ebooks, the Audible App is worth a look.

You may also want to look into the Amazon Android appstore. They offer a free app every day and every once in a while its a juicy one.

Hope you'll have fun with your new toy/tool.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
musicman2523
Groupie
musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pocketbook iq 701
I've had mine for over a year and love it.
If you're using the stock interface, the manual should be sufficient for you to understand how it works.
If your pq came with 2.1.1 I'd advise you to get 2.06 from pocketbooks support site.
It's much more stable when online.
Getting books into it is a piece of cake. download to your cpu plug in your pq and turn it on........works like and sd card. Drag and drop books into your pq. I use an 8 gig card and put all my books on it.
From my experiance The amazon app works great, kobo not so much and forget B&N
I get most of my books from Smashwords............a lot of really good free books there.
Especially sci-fi.
There are free daily kindle books as well.
Don't forget to check out www.the-ebook-reader.com lots of great reviews and advice.
musicman2523 is offline   Reply With Quote