Old 09-10-2016, 08:26 AM   #16
Kunvp
Enthusiast
Kunvp began at the beginning.

Device: Promedia e-reader (Onyx C67ML) - Aldi2016 / Former: Sony PRS-T1&T2
lesen.net & calibre, where exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
I like it even more having discovered today the postings on lesen.net explaining how one can now populate Collections on the Tolino from Calibre metadata. (Even my rubbish German was able to work out the procedure - eventually!)
Thank you church mouse. Can you let us know where exactly you have found the explanation?
My German isn't great eather.

Thanks.
Kun
Kunvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:54 AM   #17
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunvp View Post
Thank you church mouse. Can you let us know where exactly you have found the explanation?
My German isn't great eather.

Thanks.
Kun
Actually, the procedure itself is pretty simple:
In Calibre find the Tolino device plug in (Preferences/Plug In and search for Tolino). Then customise the plug-in by ensuring "use sub directories" is ticked, then set your template for how you wish to organise your collections from your Calibre column identifiers.

I have it set as: Shelf / {tags} / {Title} {series:|| } {series_index:0>2s|[|] } {authors}

Shelf simply makes it create a new folder called Shelf in the Tolino file structure. I have chosen to sort my collections by genre, for which I use the standard Tags column in Calibre, so that is set as my primary collections identifier.

Then one just saves the customised plug-in.

Unfortunately, it will only work on books thereafter sent to the Tolino - so I deleted all the books I had on there. Also, to ensure that the Tolino did not retain any metadata anywhere on the books, I deleted them within the Tolino rather than deleting via Calibre.

Now, when I go to the Collections tab in my Tolino, I see all my genre tags, with a number showing how many are in each genre, and I can the view each genre to find the books in each one. (The existing Title and Author views are still preserved).

(Note, if you have a book set with more than one Tag it will create a collection with the combined two tag name rather than place it in two separate collections, so I have my books only possess a primary tag - with any secondary tags held in a different column)

The lesen.net item can be found at:
http://www.lesen.net/forum/ebook-rea...8-2-verfuegbar
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tolino