Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-28-2016, 07:44 AM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

driverpf:
Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 01:06 AM   #17
crimeeee
crimeeee began at the beginning.

Device: .,
Really really great app!! Works like a charm in my pocketbook Pro 912! Thank you very much!

Last edited by crimeeee; 05-18-2016 at 05:02 PM.
crimeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2017, 02:39 AM   #18
Martin Ctu-z-ink
Martin Ctu-z-ink began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 2
Thumbs up OMG THIS IS GREAT!

I've just googled pocketbook monitor and this showed me! I'd like to thank you so much! I must share this great great app!
Martin Ctu-z-ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:13 PM   #19
apos
Zealot
apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: 623 Touch Lux, 912 Pro (selled), Surfpad 4 L, Waiting for CAD-Reader !
[SOLVED]

I forgot to do

Code:
make install
for the server . I just started the server manually with ./remoteinkd.

But make install not only copies the binary to /usr/bin/ (which should be on linux systems /usr/local/bin !!!) but also created a configuration directory and an ini.file in /etc :

Code:
install bin/remoteinkd /usr/bin/remoteinkd
mkdir -p /etc/remoteinkd
install -m 644 config.ini /etc/remoteinkd/config.ini
-------------------------------------------

Hi,

this app is really a great idea and simply in usage - if I could get it run ;-)

On Ubuntu 16.04 I get the error on running the server:

Code:
$ sudo remoteinkd passwd
RemoteInk v0.2 - Server
New password: 
Confirm password: 
[-] Error: Can't save password (try to use "sudo")
when I try to set the password.

The (precompiled) client app seams to run on the PB623 (firmware 4.4.614, which was the last one on this device).

Any advice?

Last edited by apos; 05-05-2017 at 07:43 AM.
apos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #20
hx0
hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Pocketbook Touch
Thanks, I changed the installation directory to /usr/local/bin and clarified "make install" behavior in the readme in the repository.
hx0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2017, 06:49 PM   #21
apos
Zealot
apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: 623 Touch Lux, 912 Pro (selled), Surfpad 4 L, Waiting for CAD-Reader !
Quote:
Originally Posted by hx0 View Post
Thanks, I changed the installation directory to /usr/local/bin and clarified "make install" behaviour in the readme in the repository.
Hey,

again: for this awesome program. I hope they give Linux a chance in future on this devices. Although everything seams to point to the android section nowadays.

Background for other readers:

According to the "current" (2004) Linux File Hierarchy Standard ( http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-...ndsALHIERARCHY and http://www.pathname.com/fhs) the /usr/local/-tree is for locally installed software.

Another tip: On Debian based systems one also can easily create deb-packages with:

Code:
checkinstall make install
which creates a debian package. The only things I altered using checkinstall was

#2 name: server -> remoteink-server
#3 "version": 20170506 -> 0.2-20170506

which creates "remoteink-server_0.2-20170506-1_amd64.deb" (in my case 64bit machine).

From there on you can use the command line program "alien" to produce other packages (e. g. rpm), distribute them and install / remove with the standard package tools.
apos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:28 AM   #22
Flying swans
Flying swans began at the beginning.

Device: Paperbook Pro 912, Paperbook TouchLux3, EntourageEdge
Hi hx0,
Thank you for making this program. It works on my e-readers: PBPro 912 and also on PB Touch Lux3. The delay is too much on the PRO912 to work smoothly, but today I installed your Remoteink on the touchLux3 and that is quicker. I think the wifi is quicker.
Flying swans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:18 PM   #23
bodes
bodes began at the beginning.

Device: none
Very interisting program. Does it also supports PocketBook Touch HD with 300ppi? - would be great
bodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:59 PM   #24
hx0
hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Pocketbook Touch
I have not tested the app on this device, but I suppose it should be compatible with it.
hx0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:14 AM   #25
bodes

shifted display

In the meanwhile I own a Pocketbook Aqua 2. RemoteInk is running, that's great! :
Unfortunately the display is vertically shifted and that seems to be caused by the status bar of the reader.

After starting RemoteInk the settings screen is initially correct (not shifted), but after the first touch on screen (wherever) also the settings screen jumps to the "shifting position".
Has anybody a solution for this problem?

I also tried using the vnc client, but I get an error while starting the app.

Would be great if somebody can help pleaseplease.

Thanks a lot!.

Last edited by bodes; 08-28-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:34 PM   #26
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Somewhere in the code, SetPanelType(0) should be called when the status bar is disabled.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:23 AM   #27
bodes

Thank you! Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with Linux, I'm just using a raspberry pi. I downloaded the SDK_481 but I have no idea how to use it. Could you please give me a hint how to install the SDK and how to compile?.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:55 PM   #28
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The SDK toolchain is for x86 linux only, so I don't think it will work on the pi. The makefile in the remoteink client code is also for Sergey Vlasov's old SDK, not PocketBook's new SDK for recent devices. So, that makes it doubly hard for you to build it. I happened to hack an x86_64 version of Sergey's SDK for myself based on SDK_481, but again, that won't work on the pi. I'll see if I can build remoteink myself, and let you know how that goes in about a day.

[Edit] Okay, I added the SetPanelType(0); statement to the EVT_INIT block of code, and it no longer messes up the area where the bar usually goes. I've attached a version of that client build for the latest devices. If it works well for you, we should pass on the fix to the author of the application.
Attached Files
File Type: gz remoteink.app.gz (8.8 KB, 363 views)

Last edited by rkomar; 08-31-2017 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Adding client application
Old 08-31-2017, 09:34 PM   #29
rkomar
Wizard

I shouldn't have edited my last message because it doesn't show the thread as being updated. So, I'll do that here.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:28 PM   #30
bodes

That's absolutely great! rkomar, thank you veryvery much for your support.

Tags
e-ink, linux, monitor, pocketbook, remote-viewing