Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 09-22-2016, 04:15 AM   #1
shadow_wings
shadow_wings began at the beginning.

Device: Inkbook 8"
Any Inkbook 8" user here?

Hi! New Inkbook 8" user here and I really like it though it is only my 2nd ereader (after my wizlib gave up). My only complaint with this is that text and images are so grayish probably because it is only e-ink pearl, but overall reading books and manga is fine. Any other user here? Just want to know your experiences/feedback on using this device?
shadow_wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:19 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_wings View Post
Hi! New Inkbook 8" user here and I really like it though it is only my 2nd ereader (after my wizlib gave up). My only complaint with this is that text and images are so grayish probably because it is only e-ink pearl, but overall reading books and manga is fine. Any other user here? Just want to know your experiences/feedback on using this device?
I am not a user but I looked up the device and it looks very nice. I built a wiki entry for InkBOOK to make it easier to find.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 05:52 AM   #3
Begemot
Zealot
Begemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Sony DPT-S1, Kindle DX, iPad, Kobo Mini,H20,iRiver StoryHD
How well does the Appstore work on Inkbook 8?

That is how easy it is to install and run additional apps?

Asking because Nate's review mention it is using different software than Icarus Illumina XL which uses the same hardware. http://the-digital-reader.com/2016/03/01/inkbook-8/

I see that currently inbook's European store is showing 179 Euro price: https://inkbook.eu/shop/inkbook-8/

Trying to come up with a reason not to buy it
Begemot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 10:31 AM   #4
shadow_wings
shadow_wings began at the beginning.

Device: Inkbook 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
How well does the Appstore work on Inkbook 8?

That is how easy it is to install and run additional apps?

Asking because Nate's review mention it is using different software than Icarus Illumina XL which uses the same hardware. http://the-digital-reader.com/2016/03/01/inkbook-8/

I see that currently inbook's European store is showing 179 Euro price: https://inkbook.eu/shop/inkbook-8/

Trying to come up with a reason not to buy it
The Midiapolis store works great for me! I have installed moon reader, wikipedia, etc and all works fine. Btw you can install other stores such as google play and good ereader.
shadow_wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:53 AM   #5
aliaomt
aliaomt began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
But some comments say that google play can not be installed unless root the device. Could anybody install google play without any problem?
Also, can you install apk files from sd card, in case the application did not found the default app store?
aliaomt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:15 AM   #6
elsana
elsana began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliaomt View Post
But some comments say that google play can not be installed unless root the device. Could anybody install google play without any problem?
Also, can you install apk files from sd card, in case the application did not found the default app store?
You can install apk files from the sd card.

But the google play can not be installed.
Even I root inkbook 8 and I install google play, but the google play is still not work.
elsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:26 PM   #7
alp66
alp66 began at the beginning.

Device: Inkbook 8''
How to root Inkbook 8''?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsana View Post
You can install apk files from the sd card.

But the google play can not be installed.
Even I root inkbook 8 and I install google play, but the google play is still not work.

Hello Elsana. Could you tell me how to root Inkbook 8''?
Thank you in advance
alp66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:55 AM   #8
elsana
elsana began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alp66 View Post
Hello Elsana. Could you tell me how to root Inkbook 8''?
Thank you in advance
Hi alp66,
I use the 'Root Master 1.3.6_Cekas_Fix.apk'.

You could download it here.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=62

elsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:37 AM   #9
ArtaTechPoland
Banned
ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: inkBOOK
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_wings View Post
Shadow_wings, we are very happy that our product fell to your liking - comic books and manga are one of its main uses! If you have further questions, let us know!
ArtaTechPoland is offline   Reply With Quote