Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-22-2009, 05:52 AM   #1
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Kindle: First 200 to buy "Uncubicled" for $0.99 receive $5.00 Amazon Gift Card

This was posted on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/tag/kindle/for...x10UFP3AXZ44G6
Quote:
Initial post: April 21, 2009 8:45 PM PDT
Josh McMains says:
Here's how you get one:

On Tuesday, May 5th starting at 10 AM (Eastern), download a 99 cent copy of my novel, "Uncubicled," for your Kindle or iPhone Kindle App. Be one of the first 200 people to forward me a copy of your email receipt (josh@mcmains.us), and I'll email you back a $5 Amazon gift card (see official rules below). That's a tidy $4.01 profit.

But wait. There's more.

The first 10 people to forward me their receipt will get a $20 gift card instead. So it pays to respond quickly.

It also pays to persist.

An additional $50 gift card goes to the person who kills this thread. If 10 hours pass after you comment below without anyone else commenting, you win a $50 gift card. If the thread hasn't been killed before midnight on May 5th, the last commenter with a time stamp before midnight (Eastern) wins the gift card.

What this is all about?

Well there's a whole host of information about the novel at uncubicled.com, so check that out. Personally my goal is to try to get the book on the Kindle top 25 downloads list (even if only for one brief, shining moment).

Oh, and if it makes it to the top 10 downloads by the end of the day on the 5th, I'll double the dollar amount of all the gift cards.

Track the progress and find more chances to win that day at: http://tinyurl.com/uncubicled

Is this legit?

I'm trying to be as transparent as possible here. I truly do believe that this novel is something people will enjoy, so I'm putting some skin in the game. To gauge my commitment, check out the website (uncubicled.com). There you'll find links to the fan page on Facebook, the "choose your own adventure" game inspired by the book, and the movie trailer.

I'm just trying to get the book out there. Besides, if at any point you feel like I've conned you out of your 99 cents, you can always retaliate by leaving me a bad review (but contact me first, I'll try to make it right).

*Official rules

From 10:00:00 AM Eastern Time (GMT -05:00) on Tuesday, May 5th, 2009 (hereafter: the "START-TIME") until 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time (GMT -05:00) on Tuesday, May 5th, 2009 (hereafter: the "END-TIME") I am offering Amazon.com electronic gift cards as rebates for the purchase of the Kindle version of the novel UNCUBICLED (hereafter: the "BOOK").

To be eligible:

1) The BOOK must be purchased between the START-TIME and END-TIME mentioned above as determined by the time-stamp on the electronic receipt provided by Amazon.com.

2) Electronic receipts must be forwarded to josh@mcmains.us before the END-TIME to be eligible for a rebate.

3) The first 10 electronic receipts received will each earn a $20 Amazon gift card.

4) The next 190 electronic receipts received will each earn a $5 Amazon gift card.

5) Rebate gift cards will be sent out within 1 week of the promotion (but most likely a great deal sooner).

6) If UNCUBICLED reaches the #10 spot (or better) on the most popular Kindle downloads list before the END-TIME, all gift card rebate values will be doubled.

So, in a nutshell you only have to be one of the first 200 people to do this to get free money. And who knows if I'll even get that many people to participate. So I'd say your odds are pretty good at scoring some e-cash.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Josh McMains
josh@mcmains.us
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:36 AM   #2
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
You have to forward the guy a copy of your email receipt?

Sounds kind of shady. Those have your full name, email address, address and Order # on them.
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2009, 08:28 AM   #3
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Actually I wondered if such contests aren't a violation of Amazon's agreements since they would seem to be an attempt to "game" the ranking system.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote