Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #781
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I know I'm just being picky ... but, really? The entire book is in red text. Ugh!
Weird. I opened it in iBooks last night, and it was normal. I read the whole thing - it was good.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #782
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
On Sale @ Amazon $2.99

Love at First Sight: A Cupid, Texas Novel by Lori Wilde
Small Town Romance
Note: This is a great deal for those collecting her Texas books!

Quote:

Welcome to Cupid, Texas, where every wish for love comes true…

In her sexy new series of romance novels, New York Times bestselling romance author Lori Wilde, introduces a town where the residents are more than likely to fall in love at first sight.

Passion has been notably lacking in the life of sensible Natalie McCleary. But when ex–Navy SEAL Dade Vega roars into Cupid on his motorcycle, and she stumbles on him stark naked and soaking wet, she suddenly understands what it means to be struck by love. Dade feels it too.

Will he stick around and give them both a happy ending or will this footloose loner move on and leave her heartbroken?

Love at First Sight, told with the humor and spice fans have come to expect from Lori Wilde’s delightful romances, including A Cowboy for Christmas and The Cowboy and the Princess.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #783
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I highly recommend this one and IIRC a few others here also enjoyed it.
$.99 Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #784
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Not super cheap... but definitely note-worthy!

Big name authors, under $4 bucks. One-click, click, click and click again

$3.25 - Redneck Romeo (Rough Riders 15) - Lorelie James -- Dalton's story and OH I CAN'T WAIT to fall into this one

$3.99 - It Had to Be You: Special Bonus Edition with free novel Blue Flame (Lucky Harbor #7) - Jill Shalvis -- sounds almost too good to be true...

$3.99 - Just One Kiss (Fool's Gold #9 or 10 or something - too many novellas to know for sure!) - Susan Mallery

$3.99 - Two of a Kind (Fool's Gold #10 or 11 or something ) - Susan Mallery

I also ran across these (and I hope it wasn't here and I'm repeating). My go-to genre, Romantic Suspense... They are couponable at Kobo and reasonably priced to begin with. Click if you like

$2.99 - Risking Trust (Private Protectors 1) -- Adrienne Giordano
$2.99 - Man Law (Private Protectors 2) -- Adrienne Giordano
$2.99 - A Just Deception (Private Protectors 3) -- Adrienne Giordano
$2.99 - Negotiating Point (Private Protectors 4) -- Adrienne Giordano
$2.99 - Relentless Pursuit (Private Protectors 5) -- Adrienne Giordano
$1.99 - Opposing Forces (Private Protectors 5) -- Adrienne Giordano
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #785
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Yes! It's was really good! Her story about how she started writing is very interesting.
Advert
Old 06-28-2013, 10:35 PM   #786
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You got me Not sure how I missed it before...probably some mis-guided attempt at will-power
Old 06-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #787
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Losing It by Cora Carmack is down to $0.99
Kindle | Nook

Faking It (Losing It #2) by Cora Carmack $2.99
Kindle | Nook
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:08 PM   #788
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Out of Olympus Box Set by Tina Folsom $0.99

Includes A Touch of Greek and A Scent of Greek, two full-length PNRs featuring rather arrogant Greek gods falling for human women. I read the first book and have had the second on my wishlist for a long time hoping for a price drop. In the one I read, the guy starts out as an alpha-hole (he does get better), but there was humor in it. The author also writes the Scanguard Vampires series.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #789
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post

[
It's a good thing I was under my book budget this month. Looks like I'm going to blow it this weekend.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #790
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
It's a good thing I was under my book budget this month. Looks like I'm going to blow it this weekend.
I did that last weekend with the Kobo coupons.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:20 AM   #791
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Well, I have to say, I don't generally read novellas unless they're part of a series because I usually think they're too rush, but - wow! - this was a great little story.

She really did a good job getting you to like the characters, especially the hero, for reasons other than "he's hot and he's the hero".

I will definitely look for more of her work (even though the article Blossom linked to says she writes vampires as well as contemp, and I really could live without reading any more vamp stories. )
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:39 AM   #792
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Well, I have to say, I don't generally read novellas unless they're part of a series because I usually think they're too rush, but - wow! - this was a great little story.

She really did a good job getting you to like the characters, especially the hero, for reasons other than "he's hot and he's the hero".

I will definitely look for more of her work (even though the article Blossom linked to says she writes vampires as well as contemp, and I really could live without reading any more vamp stories. )
She has a few military hero romances that aren't paranormal. Like you I don't read many novellas but this little story is the perfect example on how a novella can be done right.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #793
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post

I agree about novellas, I usually don't either but this was certainly an exception to the rule and as Blossom said, that's how you do it!
I do like vampire/paranormal at times [as usual, if it's done well], and I liked hers but didn't love them. As Blossom said, her military-themed stories are good, I really enjoyed the ones I read of hers. I just really like her writing. And after reading the article Blossom posted [thanks for that!], wow, what a story on how she became an author!

Found 1 $.99 story today that made me 1 click. Demanding Ransom by Megan Squires.

blurb:
Sometimes life takes things away from you.

In nineteen-year-old Maggie Carson’s case, it’s taken more than its fair share.

Determined to move forward, Maggie embarks on her first year of college, hoping to finally put her past behind her, exactly where it belongs.

But that’s hard to do when the present is just as difficult. And even harder when someone like Ran, the gorgeous paramedic that keeps crossing Maggie’s path, challenges her to face things head on, rather than bury them like she always does.

Ran hasn’t had a perfect life either. But there’s something different about him, and something different about the way he makes Maggie feel. Maybe meeting Ran is life’s little gift for Maggie—a sort of consolation prize for enduring everything she's had to go through.

But things don’t come easy for Maggie. Why should love be the exception? And just when everything starts to settle, it’s all turned on its head once again.

If there is one thing Ran has taught Maggie, it’s that you can’t sit on the sidelines of your own existence. When life takes something that’s yours, you have every right to demand it back.

Only for Maggie, that is easier said than done.

(Ransom's Note, the sequel to Demanding Ransom, will release in early 2014.)
Old 06-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #794
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
You got me Not sure how I missed it before...probably some mis-guided attempt at will-power
Ugh, it's such a tightrope isn't it? I passed up a $1-1click last week that I am kicking myself over right now, but hopefully it'll come back around. Gotta love the wish/watch list enabling!
Old 06-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #795
laurla
Addict

Quote:

$3.25 - Redneck Romeo (Rough Riders 15) - Lorelie James -- Dalton's story and OH I CAN'T WAIT to fall into this one

$3.99 - It Had to Be You: Special Bonus Edition with free novel Blue Flame (Lucky Harbor #7) - Jill Shalvis -- sounds almost too good to be true...

$3.99 - Just One Kiss (Fool's Gold #9 or 10 or something - too many novellas to know for sure!) - Susan Mallery

$3.99 - Two of a Kind (Fool's Gold #10 or 11 or something ) - Susan Mallery
So now I know why these are on sale at Amazon... the B&N 50% off sale (here if you haven't seen the post yet).

Book budget going to pot (again!)