Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
PRS-600 font size. Possible to change?

I was recently given a PRS-600. I usually read on an iPad but this is not ideal on a sunny day outside and so why I want to use the 600.

Is there any way to change the font size? For my poor old eyes medium is too large and small is too small. I have read about PRS+ and don't think that this has anything in this area. Can I hack the CSS in the ePub files and will the 660 respect the changes?

Any other way to achieve what I want?
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkrider View Post
I was recently given a PRS-600. I usually read on an iPad but this is not ideal on a sunny day outside and so why I want to use the 600.

Is there any way to change the font size? For my poor old eyes medium is too large and small is too small. I have read about PRS+ and don't think that this has anything in this area.
PRS+ allows you to store a set of your own css files in a special directory on the Sony to customise how epubs will display on your Sony. Many people use them just to customise the font displayed, but many also use them to get a better range of font-sizes than the Sony zoom button. You can use any css rules you like in them. You can quickly switch between stored css files until you get a font-size which looks good for you. PRS+ has many benefits for Sony users, I recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkrider View Post
Can I hack the CSS in the ePub files and will the 600 respect the changes?
I've never owned a PRS600 (or an iPad for that matter), but assuming it works the same as a PRS505 (the previous model) or PRS650 (the following model), the answer is yes. The only thing to consider is that if you want to use the same epub on both the PRS600 and the iPad, can you hack the css with a font-size which would suit both devices.

The choice is yours.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2012, 02:39 AM   #3
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Thanks very much for the answer. I will give PRS+ a go this weekend.

There are may reader apps available on the iPad and so the CSS route isn't an issue as most of them respect the CSS rules as to font size or allow better scaling than the 600 does.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote