Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
No 'Ctrl' on iLiad?!

I had always wondered how to input 'Ctrl' on iLiad. And I just realized that I can't input 'Ctrl-C' with iLiad virtual keyboard now.

Now, I have built a executable Chinese input method (it might also work for Japanese and Korean with proper mapping data). Since it relies on Ctrl-Space to activate, I might have to buy a USB keyboard.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:23 PM   #2
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Hello,
with xshell / mxrvt 0.5.0 you can use next keybindings:

Ctrl+Z: Select
Ctrl+C: Delete
Exit: Home
Esc: End

Hope it helps,
Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Thanx. At least I can use some key combination within console now.

But I need Ctrl-Space, Ctrl-Shift to activate and switch between different IMEs under X-window.

Last edited by ericshliao; 10-10-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
But I need Ctrl-Space, Ctrl-Shift to activate and switch between different IMEs under X-window.
The file mrxvtrc (xshell / mxrvt 0.5.0) include the following:

Code:
# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- #
#
#			       Map iLiad virtual keyboard keys to MACROS
#
#			       Select KEY is Ctrl+Z
#			       Delete KEY is Ctrl+C
#			       Home   KEY is Close
#			       End    KEY is Escape
#
# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- #

Mrxvt.macro.Ctrl+A:		Str ^Z
Mrxvt.macro.Delete:		Str ^C
Mrxvt.macro.Home:		Close
Mrxvt.macro.End:		Str \e
By editing this file, these 4 keys can be whatever you want.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:32 PM   #5
ericshliao
Guru

Thanx. That's really inspiring. Now, I have to test if mrxvt support utf8 input.
Advert
Old 10-11-2008, 02:38 PM   #6
ericshliao
Guru

I just found something that might be related to tweak keyboard input. In /etc/matchbox/kbdconfig:

Code:
#
# This is an example keyboard config file for matchbox
#
# You can edit this file or change per user by copying to 
#  ~/.matchbox/kbdconfig
#
# Se the matchbox manual for more info ( http://projects.o-hand.com/matchbox )

### Window operation short cuts 

<Alt>n=next
<Alt>p=prev
<Alt>c=close
<Alt>d=desktop
<Alt>m=!matchbox-remote -mbmenu

### App launching.

<ctrl><alt>x=!xterm
<ctrl><alt>r=!rxvt

### App launching with startup notify

<ctrl><alt>e=!!gpe-calender

### windows style key shortcuts

<alt>Tab=next
<alt><shift>Tab=prev

<alt>space=taskmenu
<alt>escape=!matchbox-remote -mbmenu
<alt>f4=close

f11=fullscreen

### super should be a 'window' key, uncomment '#' if you have one.

#<super>d=desktop
#<super>r=!xterm
#<super>e=!!nautilus

### Special keys, likely probably only available on extended keyboards. 

#App=!matchbox-remote -mbmenu
#Menu=!matchbox-remote -mbmenu
Anybody recognize it? I am trying to figure it out.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:40 PM   #7
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
The Iliad keyboard executable is called matchbox-keyboard.
The sources for the original matchbox-keyboard are available from ubuntu (or debian). It might be possible to port it to the Iliad, I think... No time to try it...

It has a Ctrl key

http://matchbox-project.org/?p=1
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #8
ericshliao
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
The Iliad keyboard executable is called matchbox-keyboard.
The sources for the original matchbox-keyboard are available from ubuntu (or debian). It might be possible to port it to the Iliad, I think... No time to try it...

It has a Ctrl key

http://matchbox-project.org/?p=1
Your guess should be correct.
http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=685