Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-08-2017, 10:06 AM   #151
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of something that'll automatically check that a string of text in an ebook matches the metadata for that specific book. Without having to copy it from each book.
That sounds more like a Multi-Column Search plug-in scenario. Upload a .zip of ~10 of your .txt files to your previous post, and I will look at them. No promises, though.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:54 PM   #152
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.0.81 Two New GUI Tools for Comments/Long-Text Custom Columns

Version 1.0.81 -2017-10-16 Two New GUI Tools: "Bulk Empty any 'Comments/Long Text' Custom Column of all Values [Selected Books]" and "Bulk Update any 'Comments/Long Text' Custom Column from Clipboard Text [Selected Books]".

See the attached image.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_bulk_change_comments_custom_columns.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	159491  
Advert
Old 11-03-2017, 04:11 PM   #153
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.82 New GUI Tool: "RowSpy"

Version 1.0.82 -2017-11-03 New GUI Tool: "RowSpy".

See the attached image for a complete explanation.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_rowspy.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	1,014.1 KB
ID:	159799  

Last edited by DaltonST; 11-03-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:24 PM   #154
DaltonST
Deviser

New GUI Tool: Set Last-Modified Date to Date-Added (Timestamp)

Version 1.0.83 -2017-11-17 New GUI Tool: Set Last-Modified Date to Date-Added (Timestamp)

In case you forgot to first back up the last-modified dates so you could restore them after you made changes to any custom column in Preferences > Add your own columns (which unfortunately changes every book's last-modified date), you can at least reset the newly changed last-modified dates to the date that each book was originally added to the library.

See the attached.

n.b. since Calibre automatically updates a book's author-sort whenever any metadata column residing on table "books" is changed, and auto-commits that author-sort change, this takes longer than you would think. In testing, 40,000 books took 5 minutes to be changed instead of just a dozen or so seconds that this GUI Tool would otherwise take.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_set_lastmodified_to_timestamp.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	160073  
Old 11-18-2017, 07:49 PM   #155
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just noticed a couple of anomalies with the Keyboard shortcut list
  1. A bunch of Unknown Unknowns. I can't be sure, but I don't think they were there when this feature was first implemented.

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	160090

2. Some duplicates, I could have have missed these previously

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	160092

I suspect this is not a problem in the JS PI itself, rather a problem in the data.

I'm wondering if you can give any insight as why and what the Unknowns are and why the duplicates exist... and how I might go about 'fixing' them; other than by nuking them entirely.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2017, 08:28 PM   #156
DaltonST
Deviser

No worries. The listing has to sift the chaff from the wheat, and the rules to do so apparently need some enhancements. My testing never uncovered these scenarios. I'll upload a new version tomorrow.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:58 PM   #157
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@DaltonST - Thanks much, no hurry.

BR
Old 11-19-2017, 02:30 AM   #158
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
No worries. The listing has to sift the chaff from the wheat, and the rules to do so apparently need some enhancements. My testing never uncovered these scenarios. I'll upload a new version tomorrow.
@DaltonST - some (maybe all ?) of the Unknown Unknowns are changes I've made, see attachments for examples.

I'm also attaching a zip of my %CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY%\shortcuts\main.json. Thought it might help.

BR
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	160099   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	160100   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	160101  
Attached Files
File Type: zip main.zip (1.2 KB, 181 views)
Old 11-19-2017, 04:14 PM   #159
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@DaltonST - some (maybe all ?) of the Unknown Unknowns are changes I've made, see attachments for examples.

I'm also attaching a zip of my %CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY%\shortcuts\main.json. Thought it might help.

BR
Thanks for your attachments, especially main.json. That is priceless test data, and I am using that instead of my original main.json.

I have fixed the majority of the issues for the next version, but since my installed plug-ins are different from yours, I suspect that some of my issues are a result of my using your main.json without the corresponding plug-in shortcuts having being created during their initialization upon startup.

Example: Shift+B

It appears in my listing, but with a name that is just the UUID (unique name) of that "action". In my Preferences > Shortcuts, which of course is influenced by your main.json, I have no Shift+B to be found anywhere.

I will attach to this post a test version 1.0.99 of Job Spy for you to run to test whether your Shift+B shows up properly in the JS+ GUI Tool Shortcut listing.

Regardless, I will continue working on this, but it willl be tomorrow or the next day before I can finish it (personal commitments).

DaltonST

Edit: attachment removed due to new version. See OP.

Last edited by DaltonST; 11-20-2017 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:17 PM   #160
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Thanks for your attachments, especially main.json. That is priceless test data, and I am using that instead of my original main.json.

I have fixed the majority of the issues for the next version, but since my installed plug-ins are different from yours, I suspect that some of my issues are a result of my using your main.json without the corresponding plug-in shortcuts having being created during their initialization upon startup.

Example: Shift+B

It appears in my listing, but with a name that is just the UUID (unique name) of that "action". In my Preferences > Shortcuts, which of course is influenced by your main.json, I have no Shift+B to be found anywhere.

I will attach to this post a test version 1.0.99 of Job Spy for you to run to test whether your Shift+B shows up properly in the JS+ GUI Tool Shortcut listing.

Regardless, I will continue working on this, but it willl be tomorrow or the next day before I can finish it (personal commitments).
Looks perfect to me

No more unknown unknowns, and I can where the see duplicates came from; me forgetting to click Done button after entering a Custom sequence Ψ²

Minor issue - the Move to next/previous match shortcuts have multiple default values, which you show as NF3 and Shift+NShift+F3, suggest they should be shown as N, F3 and Shift+N, Shift+F3.

Just so you know - Shift+B etc is one of my shortcuts for built-in Open With feature - Open EPUB with Balabolka (TTS program). Other Shift+single letter are other Open With assignments, e.g. Shift+W is open DOCX with Word.

Thanks again.

BR
Old 11-20-2017, 10:02 AM   #161
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.84 GUI Tool Shortcuts Listing: Technical Changes

Version 1.0.84 -2017-11-20 GUI Tool Shortcuts Listing: Technical Changes

DaltonST
Old 11-25-2017, 06:05 PM   #162
vigrom
Enthusiast
vigrom doesn't littervigrom doesn't littervigrom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis, Tolino epos 3, iMac 2021/24"/M1, iMac 2011/El Capitan
@DaltonST

Hi!

I’ve been using Calibre since some years now and was always wondering why the last-modified date was changed for my whole library every time I added or removed a custom column.

Luckily, I’ve stumbled upon this thread and your message where you mention your „New GUI Tool: Set Last-Modified Date to Date-Added“.

Please kindly let me know where I can get this tool and how I can install in my Calibre (Mac OS, v. 3.12).

Thank you so much!

PS: Please go easy on me in terms of technical instructions - I am a newbie.
vigrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:03 PM   #163
DaltonST
Deviser

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=269911 is the Original Post of Job Spy. Install it as for any other plug-in. Then, use its menu system to use any of its 35 tools.

DaltonST
Old 11-25-2017, 08:14 PM   #164
vigrom
Enthusiast
vigrom doesn't littervigrom doesn't littervigrom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis, Tolino epos 3, iMac 2021/24"/M1, iMac 2011/El Capitan
Thank you some much for your quick reply and help!

I have installed the Job Spy and am now exploring its multiple settings (the learning curve being anything but for newbie like me). I was, however, already able to reset the „last-modified“ to „date-added“ for a few books - looks like it’s exactly what I was looking for!

Again, lots of thanks!
vigrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:52 PM   #165
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Hi,

Is there any way of revoving any JS articles from the SQ file in the library?

I don't know how many times I have tried JS and loved it until it hits a library with conflicting rules. It takes forever for the library's to get back in order (this is worse when I try and "peek" at an older library). It seems that I remove JS, get rid of the JSON, but down the road I try it agiain, and it automatically resets to the exact same settings it was before (and before) when I just want a fresh install without any previous data in it. I decided that it is stored in the db file and can't predict when it will show up.

This is made worse when I try to create a new library and the data is carried over.

Any suggestions?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools