Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
fountainpen
fountainpen will become famous soon enoughfountainpen will become famous soon enoughfountainpen will become famous soon enoughfountainpen will become famous soon enoughfountainpen will become famous soon enoughfountainpen will become famous soon enough

Device: cool er
Question umf files ??

Hi , ive downloaded some books .They came from [deleted].I havnt a clue what umf files are but would like to put these on my cool-er .Any ideas.I dowloaded them as epub .

All the site says is :
umf Format
Since not so long ago we have been using a universal media format .umf in which we save our books. These files can be opened by a special Download Manager MediaHolder, which supports the opening of format .umf files. To open the book you should:
•1. Download the program (the book will have been already added in the Download Manager)
•2. Start the function of working with the format .umf, following the instruction
•3. Enjoy reading

However there are no instructions on how to put them on my ereader ???

Last edited by HarryT; 08-06-2012 at 03:58 AM.
fountainpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:55 AM   #2
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
[deleted]

Last edited by HarryT; 08-06-2012 at 03:59 AM.
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
fountainpen
fountainpen will become famous soon enoughfountainpen will become famous soon enoughfountainpen will become famous soon enoughfountainpen will become famous soon enoughfountainpen will become famous soon enoughfountainpen will become famous soon enough

Device: cool er
Hi
I messaged[deleted] they told me to download the programme called media holder .I cannot find this programme anywhere ?.
I did download in epub however .

Last edited by HarryT; 08-06-2012 at 03:59 AM.
fountainpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
I don't know how you got access to the .umf file. When I downloaded an "ePub" it was actually a .exe that installed MediaHolder. I don't believe for a second that this website is legal though - it has titles such as To Kill a Mockingbird and The Catcher in the Rye - so I have passed the information on to relevant publishers.
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:38 AM   #5
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
a what?

Yeah I agree never heard of a umf file. I know its not a supported format for the Cool-er.

Sounds a bit off to me.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
XaviorSW
XaviorSW began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy

[deleted]

Last edited by HarryT; 08-06-2012 at 04:00 AM.
XaviorSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:00 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
This thread has been edited to remove the name of a pirated book site.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote