Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-14-2019, 02:56 PM   #1
mertkd
mertkd began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S7
Cool Calibre not decrypting all Kindle books

Finally broke down and bought a new PC. Loaded Calibre 3.45.2, DeDRM 6.6.3 plugin, and latest KFX Input plugin. Tried to convert my latest Kindle books. Some converted and others errored out indicating they are locked by DRM. These are books I've "downloaded and transferred via USB" directly from Amazon, so nothing unique in the source files. I've attached one of the problem books.

If it was one book, I might think there was something unique about that one book, but this is happening with about 20 new books. I've been using Calibre for years with no problem.

Can anyone point me at what I am missing?
Attached Files
File Type: azw3 Robert Mueller - The Mueller Report.azw3 (1.61 MB, 162 views)
mertkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 03:02 PM   #2
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Yep same here downloaded your book and the same happend.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2019, 03:49 PM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
That book is in AZW3 (KF8) format so the KFX Input plugin has nothing to do with it and in any case that plugin does not perform DRM removal.

Something is wrong with how you are attempting to remove DRM from that book. Providing instructions for DRM removal is not allowed on MobileRead. Ask for assistance at Apprentice Alf's blog or Apprentice Harper's GitHub.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 04:42 PM   #4
mertkd
mertkd began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S7
Thanks, gentlemen!

Submitted my question at GitHub.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
mertkd is offline   Reply With Quote