Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-22-2019, 05:36 PM   #2071
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yeah, bad timing, r16245 was up for less than 24H, but it was indeed broken on PW3+ .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:01 PM   #2072
LiquidBrain
LiquidBrain began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018), G000PP, FW v5.10.0.2
Blank screen

I am using a jailbroken Kindle PW4 with a factory FW version 5.10.0.2. I copied KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 (from KUAL-v2.7.21-g3928582-20190724.tar.xz)

When I try to open this file in the library it opens, but the screen stays blank apart from the top bar.

The device is not frozen, but it's not possible to get out of this screen back to the menu. I have to hold the power button and select "Restart" from the menu to reboot the device to get back to the main screen.

Can you please help me?

LiquidBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2019, 03:22 PM   #2073
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidBrain View Post
I am using a jailbroken Kindle PW4 with a factory FW version 5.10.0.2. I copied KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 (from KUAL-v2.7.21-g3928582-20190724.tar.xz)
Incompatible version. Read the latest Open Sesame guide.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:43 PM   #2074
LiquidBrain
LiquidBrain began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018), G000PP, FW v5.10.0.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Incompatible version. Read the latest Open Sesame guide.
Thanks! I have installed KUAL version from Coplate instead and now it works

The exact version for future reference:
KUAL (coplate) | KUAL-57ac50e-20190724.tar.xz | 2019-Jul-30 19:14:59 | 71.3K | db22e76305a7f7731ddf340b9cd095f1

Last edited by LiquidBrain; 09-07-2019 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Remove unnecessary version info
LiquidBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 04:12 PM   #2075
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Small inconsequential nitpick: These are essentially rolling releases, I cringe a little inside everytime someone quotes a specific version string, or, worse, a link, because it has a good chance of getting outdated in a month .

(EDIT: In a "use this!" sense, I mean. To be clear, when you're reporting an actual issue, *do* bring as much versioning detail as possible to the table ).

TL;DR: The relevant info is that you indeed need the coplate booklet variant. The rest is just basically extra noise, which'll be "wrong" soon.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-07-2019 at 04:15 PM.
Advert
Old 09-12-2019, 08:22 PM   #2076
feelmaroon
Connoisseur
feelmaroon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 4, PW2, Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Aura One
Having trouble getting KUAL booklet working with my KOA

*got inspired last night from getting the KUAL file working and the screensavers going on my KOA2 finally...

I have a KOA jailbroken from about 2 years ago. I have screensavers working but I can't seem to get the azw2 file to load the KUAL app. I'm running 5.8.11 and have updated the MR Installer but can't seem to get anything else to install (it just destroys the packages like python 0.15N, the MKK bin and the KUAL bin files (non co-plate version) by ;log mrpi.

Any assistance on how to get my KUAL working?
Do I need to upgrade the jailbreak? (that may be a stupid question)
Should I upgrade the KOA to 5.9 and then reinstall everything?

Thank you for any assistance.

Last edited by feelmaroon; 09-12-2019 at 08:38 PM.
feelmaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 08:30 PM   #2077
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Updating Hotfix is #1 thing to do.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 08:39 PM   #2078
feelmaroon
Connoisseur

Thank you. For sure, definitely the first thing I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Updating Hotfix is #1 thing to do.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:51 PM   #2079
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@feelmaroon: Update the Hotfix, update MRPI, switch to KUAL Booklet.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:01 AM   #2080
feelmaroon
Connoisseur

Update the Hotfix, update MRPI, switch to the Kual Booklet

Incredible. Somehow that and adding the helper did the trick.

Thank you so much> Can I upgrade the KOA Amazon software (mostly just want it to get the bold levels feature on the Font) or would I lose everything? Thanks for the fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@feelmaroon: Update the Hotfix, update MRPI, switch to KUAL Booklet.

Last edited by feelmaroon; 09-13-2019 at 01:09 AM.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:41 PM   #2081
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelmaroon View Post
Incredible. Somehow that and adding the helper did the trick.

Thank you so much> Can I upgrade the KOA Amazon software (mostly just want it to get the bold levels feature on the Font) or would I lose everything? Thanks for the fix.
My Voyage is at 5.8.11 and my KOA2 is at 5.9.2 and both have the boldness slider.

After JB and hotfix install, you update to your desired OS version, then you install whatever utilities you want. Otherwise, you have to reinstall all utilities after OS update. That is, OS update wipes out everything except JB and hotfix.

Also note that all this is in the JB instructions.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:28 PM   #2082
radec
radec began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi all, first off thanks so much for all the work and support done on this and everything else.

Second I've been reading through things but just want to check if I'm doing things right.
I have a KT2 it had 5.6.5 when I got it. I successfully got jailbreak and installed latest hotfix using this thread for jb https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=265675 (Sorry if this post shouldn't be linked just wanted to be clear about what I did) and hotfix from snapshots thread.

I did not update fw and tried to install KUAL with azw2 file, it would load but didn't seem to install KUAL. so I thought maybe I should update fw. I am now on 5.12.2. I assume I need to install the booklet version of KUAL now. Is there anything I should do first?

I did try and run the azw2 and it wouldn't load at all, I'm hoping that wont mess anything up.

Anyway thanks again.
radec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:57 PM   #2083
NiLuJe
BLAM!

FW 5.12.x is evil, and besides breaking a whole lot of stuff, it potentially also breaks KUAL.

(Read the KUAL section in the linked thread, it summarizes what you should have done. As does this thread's FAQ, FWIW.).
Old 10-26-2019, 02:08 PM   #2084
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
FW 5.12.x is evil, and besides breaking a whole lot of stuff, it potentially also breaks KUAL.

(Read the KUAL section in the linked thread, it summarizes what you should have done. As does this thread's FAQ, FWIW.).
Is it??? I have 5.12.1 on PW4, and KUAL works as usual... I also run the terminal and the librariansync plugin with no issue...
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:16 PM   #2085
NiLuJe
BLAM!

It is. And it got worse with each new point release, so, YMMV between 5.12.1 and 5.12.2.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-26-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified