Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-14-2020, 01:23 PM   #16
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
Do you guys think it will b possible to use this as a secondary monitor like the Ony Boox Max 2/3 ?
Is 10.3 a little too snall for that purpose ?
It can certainly be used as a secondary monitor via the HDMI port as can be seen in this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNdzZNNjQ_s

Whether it is big enough or not would depend on your particular needs. For myself, I suspect that it wouldn't be quite big enough. I'd personally prefer a 24" screen or larger.

Last edited by Question Mark; 07-14-2020 at 01:26 PM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:17 PM   #17
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have just stumbled on a YT video (from Manuel Zeiler) that compares Hisense Q5 vs. PixelQi (plus a glimpse of the Hisense A5C Pro).
The author states: «The Hisense Q5 has clearly the best contrast and fastest response time. I would say it is a 10x improvement to the old PixelQi tech»

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s4dJu2_ur8

mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:13 PM   #18
tracey1
Groupie
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I just watches those videos. Very interesting. Especially since this technology is cheaper to make than E- ink, I assume. If they decide to make a bigger screen a la 13.3 inches or even upwards with a HDMI for monitor function (which they seem to already have done)- they'll have my attention even more. It would be a great alternative to the ever so overpriced Onyx devices.

Last edited by tracey1; 07-14-2020 at 10:21 PM.
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 01:34 PM   #19
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s)
But it seems to be grayer than e-ink
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote