Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-13-2020, 05:33 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Basic 4 – end of older style PocketBooks

Looks like the Basic 3 is being replaced with the Basic 4 (which looks like the Lux Basic 2). If GoodERead has the correct information, the new Basic 4 will use a 212 ppi screen and will be very light – only 145 grams. One thing I don't like is that it will only have an 800 mAh battery instead of the 1300 mAh one in the Basic 3. I actually kind of like the old case, it was easy to hold.

GoodEReader is the only source I have for this but it looks legitimate...

https://goodereader.com/blog/product/pocketbook-basic-4

https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...available-soon
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 02:46 AM   #2
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
There is another info as well. This one is based on official pocketbook.ru page info: http://cyfranek.booklikes.com/post/2...e-nie-w-polsce
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 03:35 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
There is another info as well. This one is based on official pocketbook.ru page info: http://cyfranek.booklikes.com/post/2...e-nie-w-polsce
Thanks! I've used Google translate to read it. Odd that they're not currently selling it in Poland. Was the Basic 3 available locally?
Old 07-16-2020, 01:48 PM   #4
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Thanks! I've used Google translate to read it. Odd that they're not currently selling it in Poland. Was the Basic 3 available locally?
Yes, it's still available. A few shops sell it for about 88 USD.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:27 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
Yes, it's still available. A few shops sell it for about 88 USD.
I almost think I would rather have the larger battery and the bigger bottom bezel for easier holding. (I pretty much have a front-lit version of the Basic 3 with my PB615).