Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-18-2017, 05:12 AM   #1
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Epub rendering bug on ka1

Ok i bought a ka1
I have one book converted to epub
Very simple css style the same for every para
But one chapter, the last few lines of a paragraph 'disappear' at the bottom of the screen and scrolling to the next page gives the start of the next-but-one para???
It's because the whole page is rendered about 1/2 inch too low.
If i add a few x's to the end if the para, everything renders correctly.
It's just this one para in the one book, same style as every other para and double checked in the live css box in calibre.
This does look like a bug to me. What to do next?
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:38 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you use Calibre, install the scramble plugin and scramble the ePub. Then attach it here so we can take a look at the code.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2017, 08:26 AM   #3
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Here is the scrambled epub. Id like to emphasize, this is a legitimately bought book!
The problem chapter is chapter 15. But nb - the scrambled epub displays correctly, I just tried it!!!
Old 01-18-2017, 08:29 AM   #4
Stevex
Addict

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHc3nFhdUOq9mCfJ19NRCga_6D_
Old 01-18-2017, 09:14 AM   #5
Stevex
Addict

Here is a bit more
There are 9 paras in chapter 15
If i replace paras 5-9 of the scrambled text with the original text, it still displays correct
If i replace paras 4-9 of the scrambled text with the original text, it goes wrong
If i replace paras 4-7 of the scrambled text with the original text, it still displays correct
If I replace paras 4-8 of the scrambled text wirh the original text, it goes wrong
I now tried only paras 4 and 8
If i replace the text in both of them with the original text, the problem appears
Neither of these paras is sufficient by itself to show the problem however

Last edited by Stevex; 01-18-2017 at 09:26 AM.
Advert
Old 01-18-2017, 09:40 AM   #6
Stevex
Addict

Ok i noticed all the metadata was in the scramnled file
So i deleted that and here now is a file with the minimal amount necessary to show the problem
The file is xxx.epub
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHc3nFhdUOq9mbEthKkujkG2HQs
Old 01-18-2017, 09:57 AM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Are you using any patches or mods on your Kobo?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:46 AM   #8
Stevex
Addict

No no patches
Old 01-18-2017, 10:48 AM   #9
Stevex
Addict

And no mods, except margins via menu system
I can post conf if it helps
Old 01-18-2017, 10:56 AM   #10
Stevex
Addict

Here is relevant bit of conf

[Reading]
annotationsViewStyle=list
bookProgressType=5
fullScreenReading=true
readingAdobeShowPageNumbers=false
readingAlignment=
readingFontFamily=default
readingFontSize=32
readingLeftMargin=4
readingLineHeight=1.1
readingMenuState=
readingRightMargin=4
Old 01-18-2017, 11:12 AM   #11
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Please remove the line Fullscreenreading=true and see if the book works correctly.

And this is why I asked about patches AND mods; this is definitely an unsupported mod from Kobo and one that has often be seen as causing unexpected page rendering.

Last edited by PeterT; 01-18-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:51 PM   #12
Stevex
Addict

Hi Peter,
Yes I thought for the Aura 1 i'd done everything via the menu system - forgot i did that.
Take out the fullscreen thing and it does render correctly
In a way that's obvious though because whatever caused that is obviously very 'sensitive' and may well be margin dependent rather than full screen dependent
Old 01-18-2017, 01:52 PM   #13
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Glad it's resolved now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2017, 04:17 PM   #14
Stevex
Addict

Well it's not teally resolved...
Old 01-18-2017, 04:26 PM   #15
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex View Post
Ok i noticed all the metadata was in the scramnled file...
I don't have an explanation for your problem but I just wanted to say "Thanks" for accidentally bringing to my attention that my ScrambleEbook plugin is not currently removing all calibre metadata from EPUB3 format books. I'll release an update in the next couple of days
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote