Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 12:33 AM   #1
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Thumbnails not always showing up

This is a problem that crops up for me from time to time, no matter if I'm converting 2 books or 50. About half of my books come to me in epub and the rest in mobi; I always update the metadata and cover art as needed before converting all books to mobi.

Once I load the converted books to MobiPocket, I always find one or two that don't display the cover art thumbnails. It's really not hard to correct using mobi2mobi but after my last mass conversion, I had to edit 7 of the 35 books. calibre does have the cover art in the folder which is what I use to do the edit.

I searched the forum and can't find anyone with the same problem. Any ideas?
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:09 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The cover art does not normally get inserted into the ebook file until you run a conversion. Are the problem files ones that you get in mobi format in the first place? If so you need to run a mobi-mobi conversion to get the cover art updated.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

I update the metadata and cover art (if not already present), then do the mobi->mobi (or occasionally epub->mobi) conversion.

THEN I load the converted files into MobiPocket, only to find the thumbnails aren't always present. That's the issue -- they show up on most files, but are missing on a very few.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you need to open a ticket and attach a file which on conversion results in a mobi file without a cover.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #5
jlmwrite
Zealot

Thanks, I will do that.
Advert