Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-13-2008, 10:09 PM   #346
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
[suddenly a loud pop-snap and the smell of ozone]

The above line may be inserted at appropriate spots in the plot.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:19 AM   #347
psockpuppet
Lefty, Hugo, and me!
psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.

Device: Guttenberg Bible
"Hugo?"

"Yeah, Lefty?"

"Why are we here?"

"Well, some say that the Great Wearer decided that all Wearers needed comfyness and warmth for their feet and therefore stretched His hand forth and caused the Knitting to occur from raw firmament. Others feel that Primitive Wearers had to cover their feet with skins and furs as the migrated northward from Africa. Because of the chaffing, they discovered knitting. AFter several generations, mutations in the basic pattern of Socking became evident and that led to the diversity of Socks that we have today."

"Huh. Actually, I was wondering why we are in this box."

"Oh. That. Well, we are trying to rescue the Beautiful Wearer from the peril."

"Okay."

They sat in muffled silence as they heard the engines of the plane warm up. They both were pleased at the idea that something was warming up.

"Hugo?"

"Yeah, Lefty?"

"We're basically fashion accessories. How are we going to rescue the Beautiful Wearer?"

"Good question, as usual, Lefty. Grab that end of the bolt cutters, will you?"

Last edited by psockpuppet; 11-14-2008 at 09:39 AM.
psockpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:38 AM   #348
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

EDITORIAL COMMENT: Please reverse the names of the conversants in the above dialogue to maintain character fidelity.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:42 AM   #349
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I went over to psockpuppet's cubicle and flogged him until he fixed it.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:45 AM   #350
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

EDITORIAL COMMENT: Please ignore the previous editorial comment, as the puppet has edited the original. You would think a psockpuppet could recognize smart wool socks, but apparently this particular psockpuppet is a bit of a racist and claims that all smart wool socks look alike to him, which is ridiculous, as Lefty is easy to spot. He's the one on the LEFT, and Hugo has a warped sense of humor (warped, get it?). He's also usually covered in bits of lint and stray threads from his liaisons.

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 11-14-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:56 AM   #351
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by psockpuppet View Post
"Oh. That. Well, we are trying to rescue the Beautiful Wearer from the peril."

"Okay."

They sat in muffled silence as they heard the engines of the plane warm up. They both were pleased at the idea that something was warming up.

"Hugo?"

"Yeah, Lefty?"

"We're basically fashion accessories. How are we going to rescue the Beautiful Wearer?"

"Good question, as usual, Lefty. Grab that end of the bolt cutters, will you?"
and they say chivalry is dead. lefty doesn't give himself enough credit though ; a smart sock is so much more than a fashion accessory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Lefty is easy to spot. He's the one on the LEFT,
pfff. obviously.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #352
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Harv thought furiously as he flew over Panama city. What could he do? He couldn't get past the idea that Myatake had the squid. At first, he had thoguht that it was just a marine invertebrate and what the hell damage could that do. Then Myatake had demonstrated on the side of the Goose. It was just awful. And it was going to take months to get that ink stain off the side of the plane.

"Vivaldi, hop back and ask Myatake where we're going."

"No need, Mr Wallbanger. I am right here."

Harv worked extra hard at not jumping out of his skin.

"So, where we going then?"

"Fly due west for sixty nautical miles. There will be a submarine."

"Six zero nautical at two seven zero. Got it. I suppose we'll be taking off from there, also?"

"Of course. "

"How heavy is the cargo?"

"You do not need to know that."

"Maybe I don't but the Goose does. Anything over a thousand pounds and we'll need JATO. Just saying."

"All has been arranged. Fly the aircraft. Oh, and I will be taking the control panel from the radio, now."

"Hey! I just got a good World Music station!"

"You will have to be content with humming, Vivaldi-san." The Japanese spy reached forward and took the radio from the control panel.

"I can see where his kids got their behaviors from."

They flew on in silence.

"They call them fish, you know."

"What?"

"Submarines. They call them fish."

"Why would I need to know that?"

"I'm just trying to pass the time. I'm bored without my radio."

"And I'm just trying to figure out how to get us out of this jam."

"Well excuse me for having a short attention hey, I wonder if there's any bacon on board?

Last edited by pshrynk; 11-14-2008 at 02:12 PM.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:06 PM   #353
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Meanwhile, the squid, unhappy with being crammed into a pocket (and knowing all about ika sushi), especially when it was just getting a chance to start negotiations with Vera that could have led to it untying her and her finding it a nice warm saltwater tank somewhere, began to plot its revenge....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:20 PM   #354
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Do Squids have big sisters/brothers?
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:26 PM   #355
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Oh yes: Giant Squid. Or, since all Harv/Vera stories must include not only squid, but pies, then perhaps we can expect to see octopi as the story unfolds.

In totally unrelated news, due to an unfortunate occurrence, I hereby redefine/mozzle "nanosecond" as the interval between realizing your ipod nano is about to drop into the toilet and reaching out to grab it, and it actually doing so as your hand grasps empty space.

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 11-14-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:31 PM   #356
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh yes: Giant Squid. Or, since all Harv/Vera stories must include not only squid, but pies, then perhaps we can expect to see octopi as the story unfolds.
dear god, my queendom for a groaning smiley.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:34 PM   #357
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

You work stuff in as you can. My space opera (consisting of a single opening paragraph) featured the utility craft Kala Mari.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #358
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
You are so bad (good).

Quote:
In totally unrelated news, due to an unfortunate occurrence, I hereby redefine/mozzle "nanosecond" as the interval between realizing your ipod nano is about to drop into the toilet and reaching out to grab it, and it actually doing so as your hand grasps empty space.
Let's hope this has never happened to anyone. I mean, it didn't, did it?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:43 PM   #359
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
ouch. sorry about that. if it helps at all, might i offer this humble url : deezer.com.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Let's hope this has never happened to anyone. I mean, it didn't, did it?
a friend of mine dropped his cell phone into the chemical toilets of a train. this was about 10 or 12 years ago, when cell phones first appeared, and were by no means common... or cheap. it had been given him specially to use while travelling around (he was a musician and producer and travelled a lot to see new bands / tour, and he was also part of the team that was launching a new live music venue (on a lighthouse boat), so people needed to keep in touch with him). it's served as a lesson to me though, in fact i'm quite paranoid about not dropping anything into a toilet. it helps that i rarely wear shirts with pockets on the chest.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #360
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
a shirt with pockets on the chest ..........
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birth of the cool, farking and lower farking, hugo and lefty, liseuse, ongoing saga, saga, screaming mad adrian, the birth of the cool, the goose, unutterable silliness, vera