Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
Mike1963
Mike1963 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Calibre Error 10053

Hi -

I use Calibre and use the "Fetch News" feature. However, the items that I have selected are not emailed to my Kindle. When I hit the download all scheduled I receive the following message: "Failed to send mail: (10053, 'An error established connection was aborted by software in your host machine)"

Any advice?

Thanks

Mike
Mike1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
setup a free gmail account and use that to send mail.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
Mike1963

Thanks kovidgoyal.

Will Calibre automatically send these news items to my Kindle or do I need to mannually hit the "Download all Scheduled" button in the "Fetch News" feature? I'm assuming that Calibre needs to be an active window in order to do these things and that the computer must also be running?

Thanks!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

you can control whether news is sent automatically via preferences->email

and yes your compputer and calibre have to be running. calibre doesn't eed to be the active window, just running.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #5
Mike1963

Thank you so much. One last question, for all of this to work does gmail need to be an active / running window?
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No .