Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 06-13-2009, 02:20 PM   #16
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Well I got close to getting gnome games install. It said that the app was install and I see in the menu under games along with the 2 games that came with the Q7. When I click to execute, it says that it is starting, but it never does. I then went to the file manager and found the executbles and clicked. This is what I got:

Failed to execute child process "/usr/games/blackjack" (No such file or directory)

So either something is missing or this is just not the right version for the Q7.

I'll try to activate the repository you just mentioned and see what happens.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #17
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_ronin View Post
I did a search in aptitude (hey, now I sorta know how to do that) and gnome-games is available. But I didn't try to install it. Just do sudo apt-get install gnome-games once you have the repository enabled and updated. Answer any questions, and you should be good to go.

Good luck!

m a r

BTW, PCManFM is driving me nuts. It's just not managing the desktop well, and whenever it lurches, I get popup menus galore... Thunar would probably kill the Q7 though. I'm gonna have to go to Pantip and see if I can find someone to upgrade the memory...

Thanks for your help. I followed your directions and all worked well. I had to reflash to get rid of the junk I had added during my first attempts to get the game installed.

Karma to you!

I think one of the things that causes problems is the touch sensitivity (or lack there of). Sometimes I have to tap twice and sometimes I do it too many times and the pop ups begin. Or I could be too impatient. I am use to fast response

I should give up on installing this game, but now I am obsessed. Hope you can help. Once done, I think I am out of the installation business.

Ellen

update: I made the directory. So now some of the games are there and they work. Unfortunately the game that I really wanted is not installed. I tried to uninstall and just start over, but no success. I'm getting closer!

Last edited by imaredr; 06-13-2009 at 04:29 PM. Reason: update post
Advert
Old 06-13-2009, 05:05 PM   #18
imaredr
Collector

Can anyone tell me how to turn on bluetooth? I inserted the dongle that came with the Q7 and when I go to the BT manager it says I need to turn on bluetooth. I changed the usb host settings on the system preference and still nothing. I wouldn't moind since I rarely use BT, but I would like to see if I can get my BT keyboard and Headphones to work with the device.

Thanks,

Ellen
Old 06-15-2009, 08:55 AM   #19
imaredr
Collector

I can confirm now that gnome-games work on the Q7.

Ellen
Old 06-15-2009, 10:50 AM   #20
wonderboy
Enthusiast
wonderboy began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Smart Q7, iPod Touch, Blackberry 8820
That is great news! Can you provide a step by step tutorial? All of these really great reports are making me very impatient to receive my Q7.
wonderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #21
ylefox
gadget freak
ylefox has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ylefox has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ylefox has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ylefox has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: cybook gen3 +palm tungsten e,e2,tablet pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by celtica96 View Post
The SmartQ 7 stylus' main advantage is that it fits in the device's shell.

Otherwise, I think it's cheap and too sharp.

I've switched over to using an old Belkin Stylus for the Handspring Visor (the old product ID is F8E721-E for the 3-pack).

I think it has a better feel and tip. When I use it, I don't feel I'm going to scratch the screen.

Unfortunately, it's discontinued under the above part number.

I think a similar if not identical product is the Belkin F8Y0300-E stylus 3 pack and it's available for under $10.

What are other people using?
i bought one of those 3 in 1 pens (laser,pen and stylus) which is easier to use than the stylus that came with my palm pda and it has a good sized pointer.
they are easy enough bought through ebay
ylefox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compatibility, hardware, smartq 7, smartq7, software