Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #34921
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Aw, that would be such a great photo.... especially with the little reindeer horns headpiece.
Cats are NOT cute little reindeer. Cats are warriors!!!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CatWar1000.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	96028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamster1.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	96029  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #34922
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I am keeping my daughter(23) from dressing up our poor cat Polly again. She has bought her a sweater 'for the cold, mother', a sparkling red christmas tie and a headpiece of a kind of reindeer horns......ahem
I think if we even think of doing this to Lexie she would kill us by her death stare.

Mind you, we used to have a cat, Hompie, who didn't mind being dressed up, especially when it meant that she would be put in a (doll's) pram.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #34923
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Finished work late, about to eat then a bit of relaxing before hitting the hay.
I read that post, then checked your location to see you were in the US states of either Colorado or Washington.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #34924
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
I am keeping my daughter(23) from dressing up our poor cat Polly again. She has bought her a sweater 'for the cold, mother', a sparkling red christmas tie and a headpiece of a kind of reindeer horns......ahem

Preparing myself for my journey to Egypt at the end of the week.

edit: no: no photo's of our cat
Your cat thanks you. The rest of us, not so much.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:37 AM   #34925
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Cats are NOT cute little reindeer. Cats are warriors!!!

Stitchawl
(reminder to myself: do not let my daughter see this outfit, as to not give her ideas....)
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:07 AM   #34926
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
I'm going to Egypt for fun, for two weeks; from a child on I wanted to see the pyramids for myself, and the excavations in the Valley of the Kings and all.
Have fun. Something I've wanted to do since childhood, and have never got round to.

Right now I'm on a boring project conference call, and MR is distracting me .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #34927
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Have fun. Something I've wanted to do since childhood, and have never got round to.
thanks; another four days. Loading my Kindle, iPod and iPad with some good mystery/crime. I think I'll reread some Deaver or Indridason
Old 11-13-2012, 06:55 AM   #34928
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe you should read Agatha Christy's 'Death on the Nile,' Ken Follet's 'Key to Rebecca,' 'Lawrence of Arabia,' or some such!

I'd love to visit that part of the world just to dive the Red Sea! It's tied with Palau at the World's #1 dive venue.

Stitchawl
Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #34929
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Maybe you should read Agatha Christy's 'Death on the Nile,' Ken Follet's 'Key to Rebecca,' 'Lawrence of Arabia,' or some such!........

Stitchawl
Thanks for the suggestion.
As a die-hard myst/crime-fan I read all Agatha Christie's books twice, but I will look into Ken Folletts "Key to Rebecca". I read Lawrence of Arabia when I visited the Wadi-Rum in Jordan where he fought.
I downloaded 'A thousand miles up the Nile', by Amelia Edwards, which book was in the MR.bookclub a while back.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #34930
desertblues
Home for the moment

edit: almost forgot the famous writer Naguib Mahfouz. I read his 'Adrift on the Nile', and bought the Caïro Trilogy.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #34931
Stitchawl
Opsimath

"The Key to Rebecca" was a very good read! One of Follet's better works of that genre.

Stitchawl
Old 11-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #34932
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
The Key to Rebecca was excellent. So was Lie Down with Lions (I think that is the book)
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #34933
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Elizabeth Peters' series of mysteries about "Amelia Peabody" are set in Egypt too. I've just read the first one, in a foursome packed as one, that I got a bit ago.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #34934
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
wondering why it seems so dark????

We are miles away from the Eclipse, but the timing seems right. Going outside to look now....
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #34935
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Elizabeth Peters' series of mysteries about "Amelia Peabody" are set in Egypt too. I've just read the first one, in a foursome packed as one, that I got a bit ago.
I know them and liked the books.
And now, for some reason, I'm thinking of the 2 DVD's we have: ' The mummy' and 'The mummy returns'.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?