Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-11-2015, 10:12 AM   #91
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Thank you very much for the links HarryT & tubemonkey !

I don't remember where I found it, but one of the best radio broadcasts I've ever heard was "Mountain of Madness " by Lovecraft. It was crystal clear no scratchy sounds. I'll check out the Audio Thread here too, for some reason I thought it was just audiobooks.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:20 AM   #92
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
I'll check out the Audio Thread here too, for some reason I thought it was just audiobooks.
We fudge a bit and allow discussion in the audiobook forum

Feel free to start threads there on any of the shows you like. I really like OTR and frequently play 20th Century Radio in the background as I go about my chores.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2015, 02:33 PM   #93
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
We fudge a bit and allow discussion in the audiobook forum

Feel free to start threads there on any of the shows you like. I really like OTR and frequently play 20th Century Radio in the background as I go about my chores.
Thanks I will ! I like to listen to radio at night.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:01 AM   #94
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
Since this thread has been revived, I will add more...

It's unfortunate The CBS Radio Mystery Theater episodes haven't been released in a podcast or as a download with the episodes with a good audio quality. Years ago I found some of the episodes on a podcast but they were encoded at 8kbps and thus had extremely poor sound quality that made they almost unlistenable. However, it is possible that legal issues may be preventing the release of the episodes. I hope they will eventually be released because the series was excellent and is worth hearing again.

I've come across The Twilight Zone Radio Dramas. They are audio dramas of classic Twilight Zone episodes. Each episode features at least one known performer (such as "The Obsolete Man" with Jason Alexander, "To Serve Man" with Blair Underwood and "The Dummy" with Bruno Kirby), and the episodes are between 35 and 45 minutes long. While the episodes cover everything in the original TV episodes, they also include scenes that add to the original story.
Quite a few are available at the Archive. Most of them are in very listenable condition -- not all, but most.

https://archive.org/search.php?query...tery%20theater
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:40 PM   #95
Wearever
Wizard

Thanks for the link to archive Cromag ! I listened to" Meteorite " introduced by EG Marshall. It was very clear and I enjoyed listening to it.
Advert

Tags
audiobook, hobbit, lotr, radio dramas, tolkien