Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #136
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Thank you!

Decisions, decisions. I get another credit tomorrow, but the choices will have changed...
Well, I resisted yesterday (apparently we had already read the Doig).

But, my credit still isn't there (still says one day).

Could anyone list today's choices?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #137
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
FICTION
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
Dead to the World: Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire Mystery #4 - Charlaine Harris
One Foot in the Grave: Night Huntress, Book 2 - Jeaniene Frost
Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men: Jane Jameson, Book 2 - Molly Harper
Day by Day Armageddon: Beyond Exile - J. L. Bourne
Trunk Music: Harry Bosch Series, Book 5 - Michael Connelly
One for the Money: A Stephanie Plum Novel, Book 1 - Janet Evanovich
Lover Unbound, The Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 5 - J. R. Ward
Celebrity in Death: In Death, Book 34 - J. D. Robb
The Fellowship of the Ring: Book One in The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - J. R. R. Tolkien
Spellbound: Book II of the Grimnoir Chronicles - Larry Correia
Royal Assassin: The Farseer Trilogy, Book 2 - Robin Hobb
Rapture in Death: In Death, Book 4 - J. D. Robb
Tommo and Hawk: The Australian Trilogy, Book 2 - Bryce Courtenay
Blood Work - Michael Connelly
The Desert Spear - Peter V. Brett
The Secret Keeper - Kate Morton
Moscow Rules - Daniel Silva
The Darkest Pleasure: Lords of the Underworld, Book 3 - Gena Showalter
Red Seas Under Red Skies - Scott Lynch
Tears of the Giraffe: More from the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency - Alexander McCall Smith
Kitty Goes to Washington: Kitty Norville, Book 2 - Carrie Vaughn
Succubus Dreams: Georgina Kincaid, Book 3 - Richelle Mead
The End: Zombie Fallout, Book 3 - Mark Tufo
Another Man's Moccasins: A Walt Longmire Mystery - Craig Johnson

NON-FICTION
Charlie Wilson's War: The Extraordinary Story of the Largest Covert Operation in History - George Crile
The Nerdist Way: How to Reach the Next Level (In Real Life) - Chris Hardwick
Striking Back: The 1972 Munich Olympics Massacre and Israel's Deadly Response - Aaron J. Klein
The Journey of Crazy Horse: A Lakota History - Joseph M. Marshall III
China Road: A Journey into the Future of a Rising Power - Rob Gifford
Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right - Al Franken
Meltdown: A Look at Why the Economy Tanked and Government Bailouts Will Make Things Worse - Thomas E. Woods
Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight: An African Childhood - Alexandra Fuller
Banker to the Poor: Micro-Lending and the Battle Against World Poverty - Muhammad Yunus
Napoleon Hill's Outwitting the Devil: The Secret to Freedom and Success - Napoleon Hill , Sharon Lechter (editor)
Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal - Ayn Rand
The Last Train from Hiroshima: The Survivors Look Back - Charles Pellegrino
A Time to Betray: The Astonishing Double Life of a CIA Agent inside the Revolutionary Guards of Iran - Reza Kahlili
The First American: The Life and Times of Benjamin Franklin - H. W. Brands
Libertarianism: A Primer - David Boaz
Objectivism: The Philosophy of Ayn Rand - Leonard Peikoff
Father Joe: The Man Who Saved My Soul - Tony Hendra
The Dyslexic Advantage: Unlocking the Hidden Potential of the Dyslexic Brain - Brock l. Eide , Fernette L. Eide
A History of the American People - Paul Johnson
Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs, and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health - Gary Taubes
Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman! - Richard P. Feynman
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #138
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
But, my credit still isn't there (still says one day).
Audible has been having problems which I hope are overcome soon. I bought 2 books in the early hours of the first day's Bogo Sale for which I was charged full price on my credit card. I had 2 credits at the beginning of the sale and none were deducted. After contacting them, the money was refunded, a credit was deducted, but both books were removed from my library. After another long phone session, the books were restored, but then my next credit, due 26 Feb, has shown to be due in 0 days for the last several days. No credit today.

As much as I've loved Audible, I'm now considering Tantor or Downpour for future purchases. I also like that purchases elsewhere would be in mp3 format
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #139
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Reminder - the following offers expire in the next two days:
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #140
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Audible has been having problems which I hope are overcome soon. I bought 2 books in the early hours of the first day's Bogo Sale for which I was charged full price on my credit card. I had 2 credits at the beginning of the sale and none were deducted. After contacting them, the money was refunded, a credit was deducted, but both books were removed from my library. After another long phone session, the books were restored, but then my next credit, due 26 Feb, has shown to be due in 0 days for the last several days. No credit today.

As much as I've loved Audible, I'm now considering Tantor or Downpour for future purchases. I also like that purchases elsewhere would be in mp3 format
I just checked last month they show up at 7PM on the 26th. It seems I will checked back later tonight.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-26-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #141
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I've considered it a little bit(I've had problems during the BOGO too), but no other outlet has the selection and it would generally cost quite a bit more so I've given up on the idea for the most part, especially since so many of the books I've gotten in the past year have been put out by Audible themselves or are ACX books.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #142
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I've considered it a little bit(I've had problems during the BOGO too), but no other outlet has the selection and it would generally cost quite a bit more so I've given up on the idea for the most part, especially since so many of the books I've gotten in the past year have been put out by Audible themselves or are ACX books.
Not to mention you can return a title up to a full year even if you listened to it and didn't like it. I love that.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:46 AM   #143
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Mine says zero days, as well. I wonder if they are holding them until this sale is over?

It was at one day for two days.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:48 AM   #144
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Mine says zero days, as well. I wonder if they are holding them until this sale is over?

It was at one day for two days.
I got mine at 6pm so I would contact them.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:52 AM   #145
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
FICTION
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
Dead to the World: Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire Mystery #4 - Charlaine Harris
One Foot in the Grave: Night Huntress, Book 2 - Jeaniene Frost
Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men: Jane Jameson, Book 2 - Molly Harper
Day by Day Armageddon: Beyond Exile - J. L. Bourne...

Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman! - Richard P. Feynman
Thank you for posting. Nothing for me this time. We've been listening to Day by Day Armageddon in the car - the narrator is 'ok' but the people in the book are so stupid you start rooting for the zombies. And one is supposed to be a Navy Jet Pilot! ARGH!!!

Can you tell that isn't a good choice for traffic?

And yes, I already have Exile in my library, to listen later (much later - I've been given a no zombie ultimatum).
Old 02-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #146
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Last day for the Audible BOGO sale.

Another Ladies No. 1 Detective book from my wishlist for me today, so I grabbed John Green's The Fault in Our Stars for free.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #147
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dr Seuss Book Apps on Sale 01~07 Mar

To celebrate the 109th birthday of Dr Seuss, Oceanhouse Media is placing it's entire collection (40+ titles) of Dr Seuss apps on sale.

The sale runs 01~07 Mar and is available at Amazon, Apple, Google, and Nook app stores.

Details can be found in this thread:

Last edited by tubemonkey; 03-01-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #148
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Free Audiobook: Robinson Crusoe (code= crusoeemail) -- exp 31 Mar

Quote:
At Downpour.com we believe in books. That's why this month we are offering our email subscribers a complimentary download of Robinson Crusoe, produced by Blackstone Audio and read by John Lee.

Simply add Robinson Crusoe to your cart
Apply promo code: crusoeemail
Check out to start listening

Look forward to more great downloads from Downpour.com each month.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 03-06-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #149
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Audible is running their "25% off member price" sale. Good for the books on your wishlist that cost less than a credit to start with.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #150
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Audible is running their "25% off member price" sale. Good for the books on your wishlist that cost less than a credit to start with.
If you picked up the John Scalzi short a few weeks ago ("The B Team"), there is a series of shorts related to this series I believe under the umbrella of "The Human Division." They are normally $0.99 so at 1/2 price they might be worth a try. The first one was quite good.

skinmaan
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote