Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
sw_99
sw_99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7
Loading kfhd7 for wife x-mas gift

Hey all, New to all this but think I have it kinda figured out. Kindle HD 7 arrived yesterday for the wife's present, but would like to get some good (and hopefully free) apps on it before she gets it. I know this is an open ended question, but any suggestions on GOOD ones? Also looking for sites with free ebooks available that are sorted by author would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
sw_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Here's a few I can think of. By the way... You're supposed to get Amazon MP3 credits with some of the paid ones. If you don't see an e-mail pop up after you buy them, ask customer support and they'll credit it to you.
  • Epicurious Recipes & Shopping List
  • Pinterest
  • TuneIn Radio (there's a free version)
  • IMDB (I think it comes with it pre-loaded still, but if not then that)
  • BeWeather (nicest weather app you can get - make sure it's the Kindle version)
  • Ambiance (it's a relaxation sounds app, they make it for every platform, love it)
  • ES File Explorer (we all use this here, comes in handy when you download something, or want to organize files)
  • 500px (great place to look at amazing, magazine/museum type photography)
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
sw_99
sw_99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7
thank you Jessica, I appreciate it. ES explorer I knew I would need, but the others sound good, especially pinterest, she is HOOKED on that & I would have missed it!!!
sw_99 is offline   Reply With Quote