Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-11-2018, 08:08 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Woot — Oasis 6" $149 Refurbished (with 3G) NO CHARGING COVER

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

NO CHARGING COVER

NO CHARGING COVER

NO CHARGING COVER

(Sorry. Didn't read the the "ad" close enough.)

Some folks mentioned they liked the original Oasis better.

https://computers.woot.com/offers/ki...lnd_cat_pc_5_2

Last edited by rcentros; 10-11-2018 at 10:24 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:46 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Kind of not such a great deal without the charging cover. Amazon seems to have none in stock, and there are no 3rd party charging covers.

Interestingly, Amazon still has Oasis 8th gen for sale ($289) with charging cover So only $289 to get a cover, with an Oasis 8th gen for free!

https://smile.amazon.com/Amazon-Kind.../dp/B00REQKWGA
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2018, 10:19 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Kind of not such a great deal without the charging cover.
I didn't read that long title. I just assumed that a "refurbished" Oasis was complete. Sorry. I'll edit my original post.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:40 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
So buy a 3rd party case/cover & a Couple of those Battery Boosts... https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insigni...paorganic=true
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:36 PM   #5
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I regret selling my 6" Oasis and my Voyage I so want them back
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2018, 12:52 AM   #6
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Sorry I missed it. I would have gotten one.

I already have two charging covers but I seldom use them because the connection between Oasis and cover is so glitchy it keeps either forgetting it's attached or freezing up and having to be reset.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:36 PM   #7
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
I just got a new Oasis (8th gen) three days ago, via Amazon's trade-in deal. I sent in my PPW 1 and Amazon gave me a $25 credit + 25% off, for a total of ($97.50) total credit to use towards the Oasis 6".

At first I thought it was just for the newest generation, but it works for ALL new Kindles.

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=ods_erd...de=10825010011
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:32 PM   #8
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Can you charge it without the cover?
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:07 PM   #9
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Yes, you can.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:33 PM   #10
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
No you can't

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:07 PM   #11
Gronk
Zealot
Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, PW2, Sony PRS 950, 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
No you can't

Jim
I have always charged my Oasis without the cover. In fact I don't even know what the 'charging cover' is for. I do know it won't stay connected to the reader.
Gronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:47 AM   #12
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
No you can't

Jim
You can charge the Kindle without the cover. What you can't do is charge the cover without the Kindle -- which always seemed quite stupid to me.

I actually bought a spare cover but it wasn't very convenient to have to switch the covers to charge them. Since neither cover would stay connected to the Kindle anyway it's a moot point. I ended up using a sleeve instead and reading the Kindle with no cover -- and charging it more often that I liked. In the end I've mostly switched over to my Kobo Aura H2O2, Kobo Clara, and Nook Glowlight 3. Not that I have an ereader problem or anything.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:28 AM   #13
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
You can charge the Kindle without the cover. What you can't do is charge the cover without the Kindle -- which always seemed quite stupid to me.

I actually bought a spare cover but it wasn't very convenient to have to switch the covers to charge them. Since neither cover would stay connected to the Kindle anyway it's a moot point. I ended up using a sleeve instead and reading the Kindle with no cover -- and charging it more often that I liked. In the end I've mostly switched over to my Kobo Aura H2O2, Kobo Clara, and Nook Glowlight 3. Not that I have an ereader problem or anything.
Apologies, I got it wrong. Though you'd be charging it a lot if you didn't have a cover.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:09 PM   #14
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
This deal is back at Woot; still without the cover.

https://computers.woot.com/offers/ki...f=w_cnt_wp_0_2

Last edited by pendragginp; 10-16-2018 at 07:14 PM.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:21 PM   #15
disconnected
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
This deal is back at Woot; still without the cover.

https://computers.woot.com/offers/ki...f=w_cnt_wp_0_2
Got it this time.

I also ordered a PW4 today. I hope I can at least continue to resist the new Kobo Forma.