Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
borelli
borelli began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20
Newbie Instapaper problems

Hi

I've just joined. I bought a kindle purely for instapaper.com articles, and did research beforehand but this is much more complex than I thought it would be.

It was no problem syncing my main unread folder using the standard instapaper.com recipe. But i have many articles neatly tagged in many folders.

I tried creating a new recipe for each folder. One site said it was as simple as pasting the RSS feed from instapaper for that folder, which I tried. I added custom news source and pasted the feed URL, but it doesn't work.

Does anyone know of an existing recipe which deals with folders, or what else i should be adding to the custom news source to make it work?

Hope someone can help!
borelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
borelli
borelli began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20
An update. I have managed to subscribe to the Instapaper RSS feeds for folders. But it only downloads 24 of many many articles. I'm used to instapaper on my iphone, have everything structured and organised, always available, and assumed I could mirror that on the kindle, only on an easier to read device. It seems there's too much bookeeping involved this way

Guess that's just not possible right now, unless someone knows a way?
borelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
FunkyOne
Member Retired
FunkyOne began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I am having a similar problem; my Instapaper RSS recipe only downloads approximately 10 articles. When I go to the Instapaper RSS feed, it it outdated. It appears that this is a problem with Instapaper. I've emailed the developer, so maybe we'll get some new info.
FunkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote