Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #16
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
How about screen quality?

Reading experience in the native app (eg, reading Kindle books on Kindle Fire, reading B&N books on the nook tablet)?

Default fonts and settings like margin and line height?

Customization of fonts and settings?

Thanks,
eP
I'd say the two devices are about even on this front. The screens are just about the same in terms of brightness, clarity, color and viewing angle, at least as far as I could tell. Each has eight options for font size and eight options for font type as well. The nook tablet has more options for background/font color, but I'm not sure I really see the point - I'm a white-text-on-black-background kinda guy. Margins and spacing each has several options, so they're basically identical. Speed of reading seems to be about the same on each too - both showed a little jerkiness with page turn animations, though on the nook I believe the animations can be turned off and I have yet to find a way to do that on the Kindle.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #17
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Thanks, weatherman!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert