Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 11:20 PM   #31
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I don't know exactly how to do this on the Fire, but on my Android phone I select Settings --> Applications --> Unknown Sources. This allows Android to install apps that aren't downloaded from the market.

Someone with a Fire can tell you exactly how to get to the right setting.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:15 AM   #32
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Settings => Device => Allow Installation of Applications From Unknown Sources => select "ON"
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #33
negris123
Zealot
negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: nook
Thanks for posting this! I also thought the Fire's lowest brightness setting was still too bright for nighttime reading, but with this app, it's just perfect!
negris123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #34
carchase
Enthusiast
carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowi View Post
It's really not hard at all. Just go to the app store and get the "ES File Explorer" app and put it on the Fire.

Then go on your computer and go here to get the Screen Filter apk file: http://www.mediafire.com/?8lkweoxgb1vox3w (that's the one I used and it works)

Then plug your Fire into your computer. Have the folder your Screen Filter apk file in open. When you turn your Fire on while it's plugged in to your computer, it should allow you to open to view folders. One of the folders is 'downloads' (You might be able to just drag it in anywhere, but this is how I did it) and click/drag your apk file into this download folder. Then on the Fire, open the ES File Explorer app and go to the 'downloads' folder and click on the Screen Filter file that you moved in.

My fire then gave a pop-up and took me to settings to allow loading of apps, so I did that. Then it took me back and I clicked on it and it installed. Now it's in my 'apps'. I changed it to a 'favorite' so it's convenient to get to when I need to dim the screen.

I will send some sort of feedback to amazon, but they've had their app for IOS devices forever and there still is no dim slider on it, so I don't count on them fixing this any time soon, so until then, this will hopefully help.
You can also download the file from your Fire's browser, then click on the little washboard looking Icon on the bottom navigation bar, select Downloads, and then click the downloaded apk. Thanks for the info, everyone.
carchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:08 AM   #35
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
You can also transfer files to your fire wirelessly with the WiFi file explorer

http://www.amazon.com/Dooblou-WiFi-F...4&sr=1-1-spell
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 01:09 AM   #36
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Try screen dim instead of screen filter app

http://www.amazon.com/Omega-Centauri...5830144&sr=1-1
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote