Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-11-2014, 10:43 PM   #1
ForsCream
Connoisseur
ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite
K4 and KPW Firmware Version Question

I have used a KPW for about 2 years, recently I got a K4.

Today when I compare these two devices, I have question about the firmware versions.

My KPW's firmware version is 5.x, and my K4's firmware version is 4.X.

My question is:

Are these two firmwares are actually the same one but just in different version?(Let me explain it more clearly, say my old iPod Touch 2, it stays at iOS 4.2.1 and not able to upgrade anymore. My iPhone is iOS 7, they are all iOS but just different versions.)

Or they are totally different "branches" of Kindle family's firmwares?
ForsCream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
They're different firmware "branches". The v5 firmware first appeared in the Kindle Touch, and was (obviously) the first to offer touchscreen support.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert