Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 02:05 PM   #16
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
In brief, a PDF file is designed for display on a certain sized 'page' - typically A4 or letter size for business office documents, or possibly 6x9 inches for a book. But one of my readers has a 5" screen (3x4), and the rest are 6" diagonal. None of the available PDF rendering software does a good job of zooming, panning, or cropping, and the programming required to try does use more power, than a simple mobi or epub file.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daesdaemar View Post
I agree with what you say if you are trying to get the pdf to reflow. However, if the pdf for the reader is formatted to the page size (screen size) of the reader, then the output is perfect. The higher end pdf programs like Adobe Acrobat will allow you to make any custom page (screen) size.
It's perfect for the chosen size screen, but I forgot to tell you which reader I wanted to read your book on... So what size will you chose? Even reflowable PDFs don't always work well.

In general, I prefer epub - it's not perfect, but it is more easily adaptable.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #17
mn1488
mn1488 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX graffite
I have a problem when I convert DOC or PDF files to Mobi with Clibre and Mobi pocket,
1- the alignment of context change
2- some picture and captures eliminated
3- index format change
I think these two software just could change text to mobi correctly but if I want to convert a word (with some picture and graphs) file to mobi is doesn't work correctly,
if I am wrong please help me
mn1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #18
sinwardly
sinwardly began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon kindle
4ebooks.net/en

I can offer 4ebooks.net/en, supports convert from doc, docx
sinwardly is offline   Reply With Quote