Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-09-2016, 08:34 PM   #16
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@MarjaE - can you open and read the HTML files in firefox (just drag a file into an empty tab)- if it it has trouble or it's unreadable then that would suggest the HTML is badly formed - and if that's true then that needs to be resolved first?

And I suspect something maybe amiss with OSX's file associations if its trying to open EPUBs with firefox. I don't know how file associations work on OSX, so I can't help with that.

In calibre preferences->behaviour make sure you have EPUB checked in the Use internal viewer for: list (the list on the right). Now at least when you view the EPUB from within calibre it should use its viewer.

What theducks and I have suggested is that you add the first HTML to the library (drag and drop into the BOOK LIST) that will create a ZIP and leave the HTML in place.. Adjust the title and authors as required and convert the ZIP to EPUB. Check the EPUB is readable using the calibre viewer. If the EPUB is readable remove the ZIP (you still have the HTML). I call this The Book.

Add the second chapter in the same way (drag drop to book list) as a new book, but don't bother with adjusting the title etc, just convert the ZIP to EPUB and make sure it's readable via the calibre viewer. Now you can use the EpubMerge plugin to append the second chapter to the The Book - make sure its readable and the second chapter is there. Then you can remove the second chapter book in its entirety

Repeat for subsequent chapters. EPUBMerge has the ability to process multiple books, if you have multiple html files. I'm not sure if it can replace chapters - but that's where I would use the calibre Book Editor, I know it can and its easy to do.

The drag drop of a file to the Book Details sidebar is always a copy, never a move; so the original will always remain in place. And if the format is already present in the book folder it will be replaced.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-09-2016 at 09:37 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bundling files, calibre, grouping files, html, organizing files