Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #25381
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I think we have sleeping through the night down. He woke up, cried for a few seconds, and went back to sleep. I was up before he was. When he did wake up he was thirsty. How do I know this? I walked into the bedroom and found him sitting in his crib drinking from his sippy cup. He took it off the changing table so he could drink.

I have coffee in my cup and Lucas is chucking toys out of his play area. Time to go and play!
Now to work on the "you throw it out; you can't play with it" game.

Coffee in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #25382
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Now to work on the "you throw it out; you can't play with it" game.

That one I have far less confidence of her winning... LOL
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #25383
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Back from the local market, with fresh broadbeans. And, wonder of wonders, local fresh eggplant. Even with a greenhouse it's amazing to be able to grow them up here.
A mug of Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #25384
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Mug #3 is steeping. I may have an extra mug or two -- it's gonna be a long day.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #25385
Roger Parkinson
Zealot
Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S
A glass of bubbly with breakfast (!) for me. It's a local brew (Cloudy Bay, Pelorous) and our current celebratory drink. We were celebrating something last night and this was left over so I made eggs benedict for breakfast and Mrs and I finished it off.
What were we celebrating last night? It was the day after Mrs' birthday. Reason enough.
Roger Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #25386
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Ardbeg - whilst waiting for a view of the 'supermoon' tonight.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #25387
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Cold wind on the harbour and rain on the road
Wet promise of winter brings recourse to coal
There's fire in the blood and a fog on Bras d'Or
The giant will rise with the moon.

'Twas the same ancient fever in the Isles of the Blest
That our fathers brought with them when they "went West"
It's the blood of the Druids that never will rest

So crash the glass down! move with the tide!
Young friends and old whiskey are burning inside.
Crash the glass down! Fingal will rise
With the moon.

In inclement weather the people are fey
Three thousand year stories as the night slips away
Remembering Fingal feels not far away

The wind's in the north, there be new moon tonight
And we have no circle to dance in it's sight
So light a torch, bring bring the bottle and build the fire bright

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imSFwqq4cO0 )

Happy Solstice!

Good morning, eveyrone! Too much cloud cover to see the moon last night, and the prospects for tonight are looking grim... Well, it IS the Rainy Season... But I found some Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea on the store shelves yesterday so all is not lost. I bought a bag of green stuff with minced white stuff from the vendor downstairs... don't have a clue what it is other than a bit spicy are really delicious. Eating it with 'sticky rice' and a one-egg vegetable omelet from the same vendor. This is a different vendor from the one I've been using, as she doesn't open her cart on Sundays. It's a good way to start a Sunday. And patience, KK... photos will be happening soon. I've received word that the captain of the cargo container ship has been show where the Port of Bangkok actually is located, and should be here by the end of the month. Although I've been taking pictures, I just haven't gotten any that are worth putting up.

Waiting for the tech from the internet provider to show up to figure out why this new installation is only giving me 2mps instead of the 13mps I've subscribed to. My guess is the building's wiring is throttling it down. They are sending 13mps through the coax cable they installed yesterday, but that just goes into the building's box. From there it's building's thin 2-wire line up 15 floors to me. I think the provider will be forced to pump 40-50mps into the building to get me 8-13mps in my apartment. That, or install a local wi-fi hot-spot closer to me. We'll see... if they show up.

We went to a water buffalo market yesterday morning. I'd never been to one before. Better than an auto auction!

More Ahmad's tea, then some quiet early morning jazz on my new guitar.
Damn... I'm liking this lifestyle.

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 06-22-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #25388
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Fifteen floors is a HUGE loss! That wouldn't be acceptable in the states!

(patience my ass lol!)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #25389
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Fifteen floors is a HUGE loss! That wouldn't be acceptable in the states!
Well, I'm from the States and it's certainly NOT acceptable to me, which is why I'm sitting here waiting for the tech to show up. I'm sure the building owners won't allow the Provider to run their own coax up the building, but the Provider has two other options that I can see; either opening the throttle to the service they are giving me, planning on a 80%+/- loss, or installing a wi-fi hotspot repeater out on the pole near the house. The first won't cost them any money, but the second would be better for me. But TIT (This Is Thailand,) they may opt to just throw up their hands in despair while shaking their heads saying 'gee, there's nothing we can do.' That is the common solution given, but we ex-pats know that if we keep at them, we do eventually get what we pay for. It's a matter of 'who gives up first.' The trick is to never, EVER lose your temper in Thailand.

Quote:
(patience my ass lol!)
I wonder why "Hurry the f@@k up!" can't be a virtue? In Thailand everything moves slowly. It's always very laid back and with a smile.

Before we moved back to Japan I was hired every year to shoot a group photo of a Linguistics Convention that met here once a year. Having done so for several years, I began having lunch with the group afterwards. I was sitting at a table with a Linguist from Mexico, one from Thailand, and two others from the US.
The Thai linguist turned to the one from Mexico and said;
"I have been studying your language and am intrigued by the many different uses of the Spanish word 'mañana.' It can be used to cover so many situations.'
The Mexican linguist replied; "Yes, and we use it often. Please tell me, do you have a similar word in your language." The Thai linguist replied; "No, sorry. We have nothing that implies so much urgency..."

Oh well, time for more tea...

Stitchawl
Old 06-23-2013, 02:56 AM   #25390
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Parkinson View Post
A glass of bubbly with breakfast (!) for me. It's a local brew (Cloudy Bay, Pelorous) and our current celebratory drink. We were celebrating something last night and this was left over so I made eggs benedict for breakfast and Mrs and I finished it off.
What were we celebrating last night? It was the day after Mrs' birthday. Reason enough.
I agree. I hope Shayne had a Happy Birthday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyReader View Post
New here..hello..
Hello.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
More Ahmad's tea, then some quiet early morning jazz on my new guitar.
Damn... I'm liking this lifestyle.
Life is always good with a positive attitude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
The Thai linguist turned to the one from Mexico and said;
"I have been studying your language and am intrigued by the many different uses of the Spanish word 'mañana.' It can be used to cover so many situations.'
The Mexican linguist replied; "Yes, and we use it often. Please tell me, do you have a similar word in your language." The Thai linguist replied; "No, sorry. We have nothing that implies so much urgency..."

Oh well, time for more tea...

Stitchawl
My father's 'mañana' could be anything from an hour to next month; It drove my mother crazy. Come to think of it, I think she is still waiting on a couple of those 'mañana's'.

Fresh coffee and a bowl of sweet popcorn, as I unwind from the day.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:30 AM   #25391
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
In my cup tonight, as every night, a couple of teaspoons of fiber supplement stirred into water.

What? TMI?
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:46 AM   #25392
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I agree. I hope Shayne had a Happy Birthday.
Thank you, Dreams! I did indeed.

I currently have a cup of herbal tea before me.
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #25393
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Yes, a belated happy birthday, Shayne!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #25394
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Happy Birthday, Shayne! And many more!

My friends gave me some teas today! A large tin of Ceylon which is pretty tasty, and a 'tea chest' with four different Ahmad teas! A nice surprise to tide me over until my boxes arrive!

Stitchawl
Old 06-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #25395
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Enjoy the teas!

Three nights of sleeping through and he wakes up happy. Life is good. Crying is under 30 minutes. So YEAH!

I figure I drop it, you pick it up is a lost cause but throw it out of the play area might be stoppable. I do think the walking has helped a lot with sleeping. He is expending a lot more energy.

Coffee in my cup. Not sure which beans I grabbed this morning.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?