Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 07-06-2005, 11:41 AM   #1
struesda
struesda began at the beginning.

Thumbs up ClipMe iSilo plugin for non-IE browsers!

I like iSilo as an offline Web reader, but one thing that has been lacking is the ability to quickly send a website from Firefox or Opera to iSilo.

While browsing the freeware available at PalmGear I stumbled on ClipMe, which is a very nice little utility that allows not only sending websites to iSilo from any browser, but also copying any text into a Palm Memo without using Palm Desktop.

Pay close attention to the install instructions because it requires separate installs of iSiloXC for the iSilo functions, and a Java Conduit support component for the Memo function - but it's worth the bit of extra work.

Now I have the ability of HandStory to clip things easily from a browser or a system tray - for free!
Old 07-06-2005, 01:26 PM   #2
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
It was only a matter of time, I suppose. Now all we need is a similar application for Mac OS X and Safari...
POL9A
Old 07-06-2005, 02:21 PM   #3
Traecer Prime
Connoisseur
Traecer Prime began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Oh wow, this is exactly what I was looking for! I'll try this out with my T3 at the earliest opportunity!
Old 07-07-2005, 06:51 AM   #4
stobs
Connoisseur
stobs is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
I can live with my solution posted in this link
But it sounds great as well. I will try it.

-Stobs.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:06 PM   #5
Tegia
Tegia began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 650
ClipMe plugin for iSilo

I use Firefox and have been frustrated trying to put webpages quickly and efficiently on iSilo. ClipMe seems to be a nice solution, the only problem being that I am unable to grab webpages. Every time I try, it says: "ISiloPlugin caught error: An error occured executing iSiloXC: SiloXC not defined"

I have loaded and run iSiloXC in the folder that contains iSiloX files (program files) but that doesn't seem to be the solution.

Any help??
Old 08-14-2005, 09:11 PM   #6
Traecer Prime
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegia
I use Firefox and have been frustrated trying to put webpages quickly and efficiently on iSilo. ClipMe seems to be a nice solution, the only problem being that I am unable to grab webpages. Every time I try, it says: "ISiloPlugin caught error: An error occured executing iSiloXC: SiloXC not defined"

I have loaded and run iSiloXC in the folder that contains iSiloX files (program files) but that doesn't seem to be the solution.

Any help??
Sounds like you need to tell ClipMe where iSiloXC is. In the ClipMe for Palm window, click the iSilo icon, then choose Edit|Properties from the menu bar. In the dialog that pops up, click ISilo Destination Preferences, then make sure the ISiloXC path: field contains the correct path to your copy of iSiloXC.exe . Make sure you click the Apply button at the bottom of the dialog, or ClipMe won't save your preference.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:04 PM   #7
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Palm Treo 700p & iPaq hx2755
Am I understanding it correctly, that iSiloXC.exe is the command line version of iSiloX ?? If so, I might have to uninstall / reinstall iSiloX ... which is something I'd rather not do. It's working just fine under IE, though I would really prefer FireFox to have a plugin available to it as well.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:46 AM   #8
Traecer Prime
Connoisseur

iSiloXC is the command line version of iSiloX. You can download it from http://www.isilox.com . It does not require (re-)installing iSiloX; indeed, iSiloXC itself does not have an install program. You just need to put iSiloXC in a place on your computers where ClipMe can find it.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:25 PM   #9
Tegia
Tegia began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 650
Kudos!

Thanks Tracer, directed it to isilo.exe and it works wonderfully.

The only problem that is left is that the files get hotsynced to my RAM, when I would rather it go straight to the expansion card. Any way to tweak it?

Another way, though more time consuming, would be to direct Clipme to dump the files onto the desktop and then I manually put them in the install conduit to go towards the expansion card..

any possible shortcuts?
Old 01-05-2006, 10:06 AM   #10
stobs
Connoisseur
stobs is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
Hallo,

I use ClipMe for month now, and it works great!
I added a pic of my configuration, please change the path accordingly!

cu,
Stobs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zwischenablage01.gif
Views:	1398
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	906  
Old 01-05-2006, 10:13 AM   #11
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I recommend ClipMe as well, have been using it since last summer. The download link has changed, you can now get it from here:

http://www.agynamix.com/cms/index.ph...o&id=3&lang=en
Old 01-06-2006, 11:34 AM   #12
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
No Mac support yet??