Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 08:04 AM   #91
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Hey, but the mags and papers are in color.
That they are. Plenty of free samples to play with, too.
I'll have to see how it handles mags compiled via Calibre's recipes; the image zooming may come in handy.

Going to take a while evaluating all the reader options on the IQ...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:13 AM   #92
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Those looking for a great alternative for Market should check this app up:

Aptoide 2.01

You download the app and add repositories to it to get software. It looks really good and I see apps I have not seen so far in there.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:55 AM   #93
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Handandgo's Android store wisely lets you download their apps to the PC via browser.
Both commercial and free apps.
http://www.handango.com/content/Top-Android-Apps
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:23 PM   #94
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Anyone noticing the irony?
Hi Logseman, et al,

if you are referring to the fact that the IQ is sold as a reader, but many appear to be downloading and using other reading apps in lieu of the PB software, then yes, I have noticed, and I was on the verge of commenting along those lines.

A brief play with the IQ (it's under the Christmas tree, waiting for my wife to liberate it) - just to make sure it was working, honestly - saw me put Aldiko on, and I rather prefer it to the PB stuff. We'll see how my wife sorts things out in a few days' time. I doubt she'll find the hardware unsatisfactory though, it is a nice piece of work.

And I don't know what possessed PB to just dump books in a variety of languages in the Library, so you have to sift through to find those in your preferred language. At least the file structure has discreet folders for each language so they can be removed, thus shortening the list.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #95
Parson11
Parson11 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Audible Books

Has anyone had any success using the Audible Book APK on the IQ 701?
Parson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #96
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I *just* installed Aldiko 2.0 on my IQ. I got the update on my Droid and sideloaded it on the IQ. This supports Adobe DRM.

Some warnings:

You'll have to delete just about everything as the installed app is 13.95MB!
2.0 doesn't install over top the free version, so you have to reimport your books.

I can't directly download DRMed ePubs from Fictionwise but I can sideload them and some of them worked. I'll have to figure out why some did and some didn't.

You still have to import your books and the navigation has changed.

Only one font.

ePubs are better rendered.

Will post more as I play with this.

Last edited by TallMomof2; 12-20-2010 at 08:05 PM.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:02 PM   #97
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parson11 View Post
Has anyone had any success using the Audible Book APK on the IQ 701?
yes! there is a discussion of it here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102074
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:37 AM   #98
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Aldiko 2.0 is giving me some weird problems. Some DRMed ePubs are recognized others aren't even though the ePubs are from the same registered account. Even a few ePUbs without DRM aren't recognized. Can't download directly from the library or from Fictionwise (DRMed ePUbs). The .acsm file is not recognized. I've only purchased ePub with DRM from Fictionwise so I don't know if other stores work.

You can download a bunch of fonts. There are fewer navigation options as compared to the free version. If I can't get the DRM stuff to work I'll go back to the free version.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:14 AM   #99
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia

I haven't been able to import PDFs into Aldiko 2.0 but I can load them.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #100
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
Can someone get me a copy of the FREE iBird Lite APK by the Mitch Waite Group? I want to ensure it works well enough on the PocketBook IQ before I pester the vendor to sell me iBird PRO for my IQ. It is only in the Android Market, as far as I have found. Supposedly it is a sample APP - it only has 30 birds.

I bought my partner an Android phone for Christmas, and it appears that the screen is too small. We cannot even see the APPs in the Android Market - they are filtered out.

asjogren1 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Last edited by asjogren; 12-29-2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Add email
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:21 AM   #101
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by asjogren View Post
Can someone get me a copy of the FREE iBird Lite APK by the Mitch Waite Group? I want to ensure it works well enough on the PocketBook IQ before I pester the vendor to sell me iBird PRO for my IQ. It is only in the Android Market, as far as I have found. Supposedly it is a sample APP - it only has 30 birds.

I bought my partner an Android phone for Christmas, and it appears that the screen is too small. We cannot even see the APPs in the Android Market - they are filtered out.

Doesn't work on the IQ yet as it is based on Java
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:24 AM   #102
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by asjogren View Post

When I downloaded it, I recall that the app was copy-protected. I was unable to back it up.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:12 PM   #103
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
They copy protected a sample, teaser APP that is FREE??? (iBird Lite) Very strange.

Thank you for trying.
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #104
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Best multimedia apps for Android

I've been trying to find a good app that would play both audio and video, as well as audiobook formats (m4a and/or m4B, since my podbooks are in one of those two formats). I've been testing three.

MortPlayer Audio Book is a good audiobook player, and I like that it has an actual stop button (all the other player apps have only pause - why is that??), but I'm limited to using only one folder. I'd like to keep my podbooks, music and videos in separate folders, so that won't work. It can't play videos.

Astro Player Nova is a good looking multimedia player, somewhat limited to one folder unless files are added through the main interface. There you can browse to the folder other than the one designated as the main one and add files. The playlist however soon becomes unwieldy that way, especially if you have several hours long podbooks divided into multiple chapters. It can play videos the same way, but it shows them in full screen. As they're mostly low resolution clips found online, I'd prefer to keep them from stretching across the entire display.

Meridian Player opens to a folder browser, and has Music and Video tabs. I can set folders and files to be displayed in those tabs. Pro version creates an additional Audiobook folder, but the free version can play m4a files without a problem; I just need to browse to them. It also plays mp4 videos without stretching them to full screen, so it is the most versatile of the listed apps. I, however, am sometimes shallow, and would like a prettier app. If there isn't one, I'll choose functionality over prettiness, but wouldn't mind having something nice to look at.

So! Can I ask for some suggestions about what you consider the best app that fits my wants?
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:54 AM   #105
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Hi,
has anybody tried and/or succeeded in running/using AndSQLite on their IQ?

I'd like very much to edit an app's database now and then - highscores eg ;-)
lnstallation was very easy (1.1) but when I run it there's dialog that demands SU rights - then the app stalls/closes down...
My IQ was rooted with z4root. AndTerm and RootExplorer work fine.

Any helpful comments or observations?

Thanks (and karma) from me
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote