Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #46
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I believe she did some non-profit work, I'd like to donate if there was a request.
Me too!

Last edited by MickeyC; 09-05-2010 at 08:44 PM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #47
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
RIP and my sincere condolences to her family and friends.

I didn't know her well, but through her posts here at MR her beautiful personality shone through.

Whenever someone disappear off a forum, someone who contribute a lot and made his presence felt, we say they have moved on. In this case we can say this too: she has moved on. We are the poorer for it for we got left behind.

This is a poem that has helped me when I lost my gran (who was very close to me).

Do not stand at my grave and weep by Mary Elizabeth Frye

Quote:
Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #48
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
RIP, Patricia... You will be sorely missed...

My sincere condolences to the family..

I always looked for books here on MR especially uploaded by Patricia... She did such a great job...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #49
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
RIP, Patricia... You will be sorely missed...

My sincere condolences to the family..

I always looked for books here on MR especially uploaded by Patricia... She did such a great job...

R.I.P...... Patricia....One of the few level-headed members of the MR community..
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:00 PM   #50
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
I can only echo the sentiments of all who posted before me. She was probably one of the nicest MR members I've ever had the pleasure of speaking with. She will be missed. Zelda, please add me to the list of sympathizers and relay my message of sorrow to her partner :/
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:02 PM   #51
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
wow, my heart sank when i read this very sad news. i didn't know her well, but was always impressed by her friendliness and kindesses.

thank you, zelda, and please relay my condolences.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #52
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
While Mobileread has many fine and good souls associated with it, for me Patricia always stood out. She was always humble when praised, and very generous with her own praise, encouragement, and kindness.

I remember when I first sent her karma for a book she posted (and that I downloaded), she replied that it was not necessary. I felt awkward telling her she was wrong. It was merely inadequate. Karma was a small payment for the kindness, generosity, intelligence and gentle spirit she shared with us all.

I miss you, Patricia.

My thoughts go out to her loved ones and close friends.

I too, if it is found appropriate, would like to give to any charity her loved ones would designate.

And I will never look upon the MR Library again without thinking of Patricia, and her loving nature.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:10 PM   #53
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
first time I've visited/signed in in months......and what a tragic post I must reply to.

Thank you, Patricia, for your kindness, thoughtfullness, and just for being a ray of sunshine to everyone who knew you.......in person or on this board.

You will be sorely missed......but no one is ever truly gone as long as someone carries their memory. RIP.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:27 PM   #54
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I don't know that I knew her, but she sounds as though she was a bulwark of this community, one of its "hearts". When such a member passes, the entire community is diminished by it. Those who knew her are suffering the loss of a friend. Those who didn't know her have missed the opportunity to know a very special person.

My condolences to her family and friends.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:47 PM   #55
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Very sad indeed. My thoughts and prayers to her, family and friends.
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #56
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Patricia was one of the kind voices I found here when I joined. MR has been a better place because of her involvement...she'll be missed.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:41 AM   #57
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Patricia was one of the dearest people I knew...one of few friends I have that resolve from the imaginary into solid sincerity through the beauty of their own personality. She was so very wise, so very calming, so very honest and thoughtful and helpful.

When I had a problem, a problem that tied me in knots, and one for which I didn't want support but for someone to give it objective voice, to me and others, it was her I turned to. It wasn't advocacy I sought (or was it...?), which is easy, but understanding, and in her enormous strength in the emotion I treasure most, empathy, she, always so giving, gave me her understanding, and thus gave it back to me, for me to understand myself. And, after presenting my thoughts to others, better than I ever could, she came to me and still said "What do you want me to do now?" - a question that offers explicit willingness to help, while making one question one's own expectations. This was Patricia, and always was, to me - someone who gave in every way.

She made me question myself, respect myself, but also wish to be better than I am. To be more like her. She changed me, and changing stubborn and hard-worn prejudices and repeated furrows of habitual thought process, for the better, is not an easy thing for a person to do to and for another. She respected the Fool, but also saw the prodigal son that needs to find a home.

I liked her, and she was my Friend. And I miss her, and feel the world becomes yet more hollow without her, and resounds so. But she swims to the west now, where one day I hope to follow...

The Ballade of the Swimmer

From foetal pacificus some seraphim
will bear downward feet-first to fundus below,
but me, well before I could walk I could swim
and fly through the current of maritime flow.
My world is aquatic...amphibious, though
I'd sit on a peak or beneath banyan tree;
but One is the spring I will never outgrow -
to dive into water and sink in the sea.

I've loved behind dunes on a prayer and a whim
and drunk my fair share of the ethanol glow.
The world's been my oyster, I've ridden its rim
and fallen both sides of the razor tableau.
I've swallowed a lion and eaten some crow
My cup's runneth over at afternoon tea, but
I'd give up transcendence and pawn my Thoreau
to dive into water and sink in the sea

The light through my vitreous humour is dim
The limbs that propelled me won't get up and go
and each exhalation's an aqueous hymn
to lachrymal thoughts that we seep what we row.
So this is a ballade and not a rondeau,
the ebb of my tide and a final decree
I give up my breath...that I'd give, quid pro quo,
to dive into water and sink in the sea

The sand's at my heal and the arch and the toe,
the wave's to my chest and my back's to the lee,
If born in an ocean than borne I will go
To dive into water and sink in the sea.

(To Patricia, who helped teach me to swim)

marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 09-06-2010 at 12:45 AM.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:15 AM   #58
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Sad news, indeed. I never knew her, but have benefited from her kindness and her contributions, and will miss her presence here.

My condolences to those who loved her.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:29 AM   #59
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I met Patricia when I was a new member of MR. She was very kind and helpful and later would send kind little messages when she noticed something I had said or done. Her kindness will be greatly missed by more than just me. Her generosity in formatting and uploading so many wonderful ebooks will live on in MR's library.

My condolences to those she leaves behind, as I know she leaves an empty place in their hearts. I will remember her kindness and celebrate the love and joy she shared with those around her.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:12 AM   #60
Rebecca4986
RestlessRose
Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
I am new to this website. Found it only a few hours ago. (LOL yes, I have been browsing here the last couple of hours!) I have since registered as a new user. The first two eBooks I had clicked on had been uploaded by Patricia, and then I came across the news of Patricia :-(

It is said that much can be known of a person by the books they read, and simply by the few books I had chanced upon, I know it is my loss for not having known her.

My condolances to all who knew and loved her.
Rebecca4986 is offline   Reply With Quote