Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-07-2019, 02:58 PM   #16
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublincheri View Post
I must admit that yes, I am the owner of both the graphite and champagne Oasis 2. Then when I saw the Paperwhite 4 I had to have one of those as well. The first Oasis is my daytime reader, the champagne Oasis was my reader for bed but really I prefer the smaller PW to read on at night. Now, unless I find another location for it, I have a rarely used Oasis!
Well, of course you need one to use as your travel reader, right?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:53 PM   #17
dublincheri
Zealot
dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, new Basic 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Well, of course you need one to use as your travel reader, right?

Shari
Very true!! The graphite one needs to be for travel (it's the 3g version) and the champagne one for daytime / indoors.
dublincheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2019, 04:05 PM   #18
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
If I use the Screen Off option on the Oasis, instead of just closing the Smart Cover, the battery doesn't expend as quickly. Especially overnight.

I agree the battery life is dismal, but it's not a problem for me. I just plug it in every 3-4 days to top it off. I keep the screen light all the way up when reading during the day, and that really chews up battery life.

I do that too but its a pain. Wish you can just turn on/off and not hold the power button down
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:33 PM   #19
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
If I use the Screen Off option on the Oasis, instead of just closing the Smart Cover, the battery doesn't expend as quickly. Especially overnight.

I agree the battery life is dismal, but it's not a problem for me. I just plug it in every 3-4 days to top it off. I keep the screen light all the way up when reading during the day, and that really chews up battery life.
Same , I've been using the power off button as well. From what I can tell reading reviews on Amazon, it seems that 4 days is average between charges on Oasis 2. Depending on how high the light settings are. I'm going 4 days with a middle range light setting mostly. I thought it was terrible too until I found it's probably normal for the Oasis 2.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:40 PM   #20
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Right now I have one Oasis 2 and 3 Voyages . One Voyage I'm using daily and 2 back ups. I alternate between the Oasis and Voyage. So I think I'm good for a while.......but you never know.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2019, 08:55 PM   #21
WestCactus
Zealot
WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Oasis 1 & 3, Fire 8
Yes, 2 oasis 2 and a paperwhite 4. Do I need all, no. Want them, yes and love it!
WestCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:43 PM   #22
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Just one Oasis 2 (Graphite/Wi-Fi only), but I have 2 Voyages and 1 PW 4. For me the Voyage would be perfect but for the low capacity (4 GB). The 32GB versions are what lured me to both the Oasis 2 and PW 4. I love the PW 4 but find that I just can't quit my Voyage!
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:36 PM   #23
Shinytop
Connoisseur
Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I have 3 Oasis, two Oasis 1 and one Oasis 2. The 1's are a 3g and a Wifi. I used the 2 exclusively when I first bought it and did not dislike it. For nostalgia sake one day I tried the 1 and realized it was a much better size for one handed reading which is what I do the most. The 1 will also fit it my jeans or cargo shorts pocket when I will be waiting somewhere. It is just a plus that the 1 had better battery life. Shame that Amazon has quit selling it, just glad I have two.
Shinytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:50 PM   #24
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have two kindles, two Nooks, two kobos.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:39 PM   #25
seanyyz
Connoisseur
seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I have one Oasis 1 and one Oasis 2.
I did not like the battery in the cover thing with the Oasis 1 but I still use it on coffee breaks at work. The other I keep at home or travel with it and I love it. It is perfect - the platonic ereader.
seanyyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:29 PM   #26
HLS
Wizard

I want the KOBO Forma so bad it hurts but I been thinking of an ipad mon 3. Better size for reading than my ipad pro and has 128gb to fill up with books
Old 01-13-2019, 05:28 PM   #27
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I don't have an Oasis (the complaints about the battery turned me off), but it's not really unusual to have multiple readers. I have two Voyages. I have one in my reading area and one on another level. Someone else may keep one in their purse/backpack and one by their bedside. If I have an opportunity to read, I don't have to go all the way downstairs and get my Voyage. Can just pick up the other one and continue (since it updates to where I was on the other unit). This was just for convenience originally, but since my knee injury, I can't carry things up and down stairs easily. I don't take either out of the house however. I have other ereaders for that!
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:07 AM   #28
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I have a six inch Oasis and a seven inch Oasis. I love the small size and portability of the 6"(It has 3G) and read the 7" at home.
I bought an extra cover for the small one for 12 bucks just before the new Oasis was announced.
BenG is online now   Reply With Quote