Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #16
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
You got me worried. I started frantically shaking my baby... K3. Phew! No rattling here.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #17
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
No rattling here.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 02:37 PM   #18
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
you're really bad on my confidence guys. now i'm waiting on tenterhooks and keeping my fingers crossed everything will be in good order when it gets here
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #19
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenaciousBadger View Post
you're really bad on my confidence guys. now i'm waiting on tenterhooks and keeping my fingers crossed everything will be in good order when it gets here
Its at most an annoyance since Amazon seem to be very good at shipping you out a replacement quickly so don't worry.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #20
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
i'm nnnnn... can't say the word l-o-l
as proven, i'm a worrier by nature...
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #21
Got2LoveGadgets
Got2LoveGadgets began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I'm so glad to find other people are having the same "rattling" problem as me. I spoke to kindle support after unpacking my device to hear it rattling. They sent me out a new kindle which arrived today and guess what it also rattles phoned the support guys and they sounded surprised. I cant really be that unlucky this must be a big problem just can't understand why its not being reported more for such a popular device. I am an IT manager and own most gadgets going this is definitely a manufacturing flaw

Last edited by Got2LoveGadgets; 09-02-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Got2LoveGadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #22
judith009
Groupie
judith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3, Voyage
I've decided to create a support group for people who are having this problem. I think I'll call it "Rattlers Anonymous". PM me if you want to join.
judith009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #23
grf
grf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Just noticed my rattle today! I fiddled with the spacebar & that seemed to mitigate it a bit, but it's still there. I may give customer service a call tomorrow. If so, I'll report back.
grf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:51 PM   #24
Sonny Blount
Enthusiast
Sonny Blount doesn't litterSonny Blount doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo. iPad, iPhone
I noticed the rattle one of the first times I picked up my new kindle. Definitely a very small piece loose, after a few shakes it seems to have lodged somewhere and I have had no crashes after 3 days of heavy use.

I don't really want to, but I am considering getting a precautionary replacement.

Last edited by Sonny Blount; 09-03-2010 at 04:52 AM.
Sonny Blount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:16 AM   #25
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn
Viseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
No rattling here. It's one of the first things I checked for.
Viseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:20 AM   #26
warp
Connoisseur
warp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
just received my kindle - it's wonderful. no rattling, nothing noisy at all. seems to be in perfect shape. i'm at work at the moment therefore I cann check everything but I'm happy that the club of owners with damaged kindles seems to be small...
warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:57 AM   #27
Got2LoveGadgets
Got2LoveGadgets began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
It's official

This is now a know fault and has effected a small batch according to Kindle support all faulty units will be replaced but they suggest waiting a few weeks as you may end up with another faulty unit like I did
Got2LoveGadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:16 AM   #28
judith009
Groupie
judith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it is

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know. Is there any evidence yet that the loose piece is related to the crashing? Whoever talks to Kindle support next, can you please ask them?
Old 09-03-2010, 07:19 AM   #29
jol12
jol12 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505(broken), kindle dxi, K3 3G
I've just received two kindles: 3G+WIFI and WIFI only. The one with Wifi only is rattling.
jol12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:24 AM   #30
judith009
Groupie

My rattling K3 is wifi only too

Tags
loose, rattling