Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-24-2018, 06:11 PM   #16
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
I had a cover similar to that for my Aura One and didn't like it. Found it very cumbersome and made my Aura One about twice as thick as it was in the traditional book style or orgami cases options out there.
Yes, it’s big. But well-padded because of that.
Works for me as I have big hands.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 05:07 AM   #17
trishau
Enthusiast
trishau is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I bought this 3rd-party cover for my ClaraHD. However I bought mine from ebayUK
How wonderful!
Just found one on Ebay AU!
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/For-Kobo..._Dg:rk:12:pf:0
trishau is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2018, 10:57 AM   #18
i_m_sherlocked
i_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Clara HD, ASUS Transformer Book T100TA
i need somebody to make a clear-cover case already! i wanna see the cover of the book i'm reading even when it's protected :P
i_m_sherlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:32 AM   #19
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_sherlocked View Post
i need somebody to make a clear-cover case already! i wanna see the cover of the book i'm reading even when it's protected :P

Ooh yes please, I’d buy that if it’s not too bulky or easily removable for reading case-less!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:19 PM   #20
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
This is the one I bought in Canada (ironically, from Amazon.ca); it's a perfect fit and the sleep-cover function works just fine:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2018, 10:21 AM   #21
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
This is the one I bought in Canada (ironically, from Amazon.ca); it's a perfect fit and the sleep-cover function works just fine:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
That's the one I got. Works great.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:47 AM   #22
plixplax
plixplax began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
Thank you, everyone! I'm looking for the same things, I'll buy some for sure.
plixplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:02 PM   #23
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I decided I wanted a fancier cover for my Kobo Clara HD, and, being an astronomy buff, chose this one. It works flawlessly as a sleep cover, the image is very high resolution, and the quality of construction is good:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-thin-...S/312187339377
Old 02-01-2019, 01:43 PM   #24
MTJK
MTJK began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Here's an option that stands on its own:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...D03XU24Q&psc=1
That's the one I have. Added it and a ballistic glass screen protector on day one.

After a little getting used to I have to admit I'm now addicted to the stand. Whether I'm sitting up or laying down I'm so much more comfortable not having to hold onto it every second. Get more than a bit of my reading done while I'm eating lunch out or at work, etc while my hands are otherwise busy.

OWMBO says I look like the laziest reader on the planet with my arms at my side while it's sitting in my lap while in a recliner, lawn chair, or most often in bed. Now if only it had voice controls to turn the page. lol

Last edited by MTJK; 02-01-2019 at 01:57 PM.
MTJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 02:54 PM   #25
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
I decided I wanted a fancier cover for my Kobo Clara HD, and, being an astronomy buff, chose this one. It works flawlessly as a sleep cover, the image is very high resolution, and the quality of construction is good:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-thin-...S/312187339377
For astronomy, check this out:

https://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Kobo-C...+hd+case&psc=1
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:13 PM   #26
RobertJSawyer
Guru

I bought this third-party Clara HD cover. It didn't explicity state that it's a sleep cover, but down in the questions section a person asked and a customer replied that it was -- but it isn't.

Otherwise, the cover is great -- I love the scritchy feeling of real fabric covers.

So, if I wanted to add my own magnet to it, to give it a sleep function, where exactly is the point on Clara HD bezel that the case's magnet should be aligned above, please?

Thank you!

Last edited by RobertJSawyer; 04-22-2019 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:26 PM   #27
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I bought one of these bad boys: Ratesell Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case It works as a sleep cover.

Negative, the magnet slipped out of the seam the day I bought it. I stuck it back in with tape and the problem is solved. But still. Kinda cheap.

I prefer the Fintie case, but there's only two options available.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 04-22-2019 at 02:29 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:38 PM   #28
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
So, if I wanted to add my own magnet to it, to give it a sleep function, where exactly is the point on Clara HD bezel that the case's magnet should be aligned above, please?
I don't think it's actually in the bezel. In the top left corner, where the bezel meets the screen, try 1-inch down, half-inch right (approx.)
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:11 PM   #29
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
On my cover, the magnets are in the middle of the far right side (the little tab that sticks out), one in the cover and one in the body.

I thought the magnets were supposed to be in the corners, but the case does work.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 04-22-2019 at 06:14 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:42 PM   #30
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
where exactly is the point on Clara HD bezel

You just move the magnet over the device itself, and you will see for sure.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote