Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 04-29-2018, 02:35 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Narrators with Multiple Names

Some narrators record under multiple names for various reasons. Below is a listing of these narrators. The name in bold is the narrator's real name and is linked to the source of this information. It's followed by the aliases the narrator also uses.

This list is meant to be a reference. If you know of other narrators that can be added to this list, please post the information along with a link for verification. Thanks.

Narrator --> Aliases
  • Case, David --> Frederick Davidson
  • Cosham, Ralph --> Geoffrey Howard
  • Gardner, Grover --> Alexander Adams | Tom Parker
  • Gavin, Marguerite --> Shannon Parks
  • Gilbert, Tavia --> Kelly Fish
  • Guidall, George --> John McDonagh
  • James, Lloyd --> Sean Pratt
  • Kramer, Michael --> Nick Barnard
  • Langton, James --> Roger Hampton
  • McCaddon, Wanda --> Nadia May | Donada Peters
  • Reading, Kate --> Jennifer Mendenhall
  • Vance, Simon --> Richard Matthews | John Richmond | Robert Whitfield
  • Whelan, Julia --> Sophie Eastlake

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-05-2019 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Adding voices.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:40 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Wanda McCaddon is the real name of Nadia May; she records under both names as well as a third, Donada Peters.
I've seen all three names before, but never realized they were the same person. Now I'm very interested in knowing who else is doing this.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2018, 09:54 AM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I don't think it's just my particular tic, but I always think of a narrator by the name with which I first encountered him/her. Wanda McCaddon is always Nadia May to me irrespective of which name she's used; David Case is always Frederick Davidson, even though I know their real names.

It's also interesting, at least to me, that a narrator can have recorded a book more than once under different names. I have no rule of thumb for which might be "better." The later one, because the narrator is more experienced or the technology is noticeably better? The earlier one, because a younger voice is a better fit? I'm sure there are other factors as well.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:10 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Grover Gardner has also recorded as Alexander Adams.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:14 PM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Here's another one.

https://nowinaudio.com/simon-vance-audio-book-narrator/
Quote:
In the past Simon has also narrated as Richard Matthews, Robert Whitfield and John Richmond
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2018, 03:37 PM   #6
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
I don't think it's just my particular tic, but I always think of a narrator by the name with which I first encountered him/her. Wanda McCaddon is always Nadia May to me irrespective of which name she's used; David Case is always Frederick Davidson, even though I know their real names.

It's also interesting, at least to me, that a narrator can have recorded a book more than once under different names. I have no rule of thumb for which might be "better." The later one, because the narrator is more experienced or the technology is noticeably better? The earlier one, because a younger voice is a better fit? I'm sure there are other factors as well.
Oh, someone else who likes Nadia May/Wanda McCaddon! She is one of the few narrators I will specifically search for, if I'm casually looking for a book and don't have a title in mind.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:48 PM   #7
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Grover Gardner was Tom Parker for Blackstone and Alexander Adams for Books on Tape. Many narrators are actors and early on union rules weren't clear about audio narration so they sometimes used an alias to avoid problems.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:18 PM   #8
Amazondoc
Enthusiast
Amazondoc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX and Fire HD
Kate Reading is Jennifer Mendenhall.
Michael Kramer is Nick Barnard.
Lloyd James is Sean Pratt.
Marguerite Gavin is Shannon Parks.

Reading and Kramer are married; James and Gavin are married.

I don't know if they've ever recorded under their real names, though.

Oh, also -- Ralph Cosham is (was) Geoffrey Howard.

Last edited by Amazondoc; 06-29-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Amazondoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:55 PM   #9
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:

Now see, Wanda McCaddon is always Donada Peters for me. (first encounter as the definitive narrator for West With the Night on the old Books on Tape.)

David Case is David Case for me, though I recognize the Frederick Davidson one as well.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:55 PM   #10
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I don't know how to prove it, but someone told me the narrator James Langton also narrates as Roger Hampton. I couldn't find anything online except that the Tantor descriptions of the two narrators sound very similar and Hampton's blurb doesn't include a picture.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:13 PM   #11
Amazondoc
Enthusiast
Amazondoc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX and Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I don't know how to prove it, but someone told me the narrator James Langton also narrates as Roger Hampton. I couldn't find anything online except that the Tantor descriptions of the two narrators sound very similar and Hampton's blurb doesn't include a picture.
I found several sites making the same claim, so it's probably true. I'm not familiar with him.
Amazondoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:39 AM   #12
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I believe George Guidall is also John McDonagh.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote