Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-19-2017, 02:10 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Online storage (dropbox)

Hi

I have a working dropbox account that I wish to connect to Koreader using the "stockage en ligne" (online storage) option.

To connect, I need to fill up two informations on two lines. The first line is easy, it is my name . The second one requires a "jeton" (token?) and puzzles me. I first thought it could be my password but it does not work with it.

Can somebody give me some explanation about this token?

Edit: Problem solved. (see below)

Last edited by roger64; 09-19-2017 at 02:49 AM. Reason: solved
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:47 AM   #2
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Found the good lua file ..

and the answer. Problem solved.

Quote:
local text_info = "How to generate Access Token:\n"..
"1. Open the following URL in your Browser, and log in using your account: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps.\n"..
"2. Click on >>Create App<<, then select >>Dropbox API app<<.\n"..
"3. Now go on with the configuration, choosing the app permissions and access restrictions to your DropBox folder.\n"..
"4. Enter the >>App Name<< that you prefer (e.g. KOReader).\n"..
"5. Now, click on the >>Create App<< button.\n" ..
"6. When your new App is successfully created, please click on the Generate button.\n"..
"7. Under the 'Generated access token' section, then enter code in Dropbox token field."
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:47 AM   #3
admint12
admint12 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Hey,
I want a suggestion that whether my company should store its document using storage services or it should opt for free cloud storage.
Thanks in advance .
admint12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:53 PM   #4
Nicoalejandro
Nicoalejandro began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
i have putted the generated token from dropbox, but i dont know what to put in
dropbox username: ???
i have tried putting my dropbox email dropbox name etc
but always say error
Nicoalejandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:39 PM   #5
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Here are instructions I got how to use Dropbox integration: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-267410178
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 08:42 AM   #6
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
I have the same problem. I cannot get a connection to Dropbox from KOReader on my Kobo Clara HD. I've followed the instructions, copied the token, but I always get an error message saying "Cannot fetch list of folder contents".
What exactly do I need to enter as a name? I've tried my full name as it appears on my Dropbox and my email address. None of that works and I wasn't able to find the exact answer in any of the instructions provided.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 10:08 AM   #7
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Have you seen this comment?
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-729377952
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 10:56 AM   #8
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Yes, I have.
What is needed in the name field?
Old 05-25-2021, 11:04 AM   #9
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Yes, I have.
What is needed in the name field?
If you mean App Name, it doesn't matter, any.
Old 05-25-2021, 11:33 AM   #10
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

No, I mean account name. It needs to be entered in KoReader when configuring Dropbox, above the field for the token. It only says 'Your name'.
Old 05-25-2021, 11:41 AM   #11
hius07
Wizard

It's your login to Dropbox.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:14 PM   #12
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

I've created a new app and token from scratch. Works like a charm now! Thanks!
Old 05-28-2021, 07:32 AM   #13
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
I've created a new app and token from scratch. Works like a charm now! Thanks!
Unfortunately, it only worked once. When I tried to use it again I got the error message to check my configuration or network connection. I didn't change anything and the token is set not to expire.