Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-04-2019, 01:15 PM   #16
mihhim
Enthusiast
mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.

Device: pocketbook 623
I've made Japanese(Romaji-Hepburn)-English dictionary. It's here https://yadi.sk/d/KRnGFBoMw2FzLg

P.s. Hepburn romanization is popular, but it has many variations. I've made it for my Japanese texts with romanization.
If you want to use romanization that Google translator makes, you need to replace in the texts made by Google translator all vowels with macrons:
ā with aa
ē with ee
ō with oo
ū with uu
mihhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:07 PM   #17
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
awesome. Thanks for sharing!
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:32 PM   #18
nilnil
nilnil began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihhim View Post
rkomar, thanks for kind words.
I've combined kanji and hiragana dictionaries in the one. https://yadi.sk/d/6SY74bcAlVa4gw
Thank you for your work on this dictionary! If you don't mind me asking, does the hiragana keyboard need to be added/enabled in any way? When I use the dictionary, I only get English keyboard, and when I check the keyboard choice menu there is no hiragana setting available, so I can't really search the dictionary... I tried out all three dictionaries you made (kanji, hiragana and the combined one) and it's all the same.
I have a Touch Lux 3 with recently updated firmware, I don't know if it's much different from the Touch Lux 2 and if it matters? (It's my first reader, so I don't know much in general, sorry if what I'm asking is obvious...)
nilnil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:15 AM   #19
mihhim
Enthusiast
mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilnil View Post
Thank you for your work on this dictionary! If you don't mind me asking, does the hiragana keyboard need to be added/enabled in any way? When I use the dictionary, I only get English keyboard, and when I check the keyboard choice menu there is no hiragana setting available, so I can't really search the dictionary... I tried out all three dictionaries you made (kanji, hiragana and the combined one) and it's all the same.
I have a Touch Lux 3 with recently updated firmware, I don't know if it's much different from the Touch Lux 2 and if it matters? (It's my first reader, so I don't know much in general, sorry if what I'm asking is obvious...)
Hiragana keyboard appears by default in my dictionaries.

One time English keyboard appeared instead hiragana keyboard. And I wanted to reinstall the dictionary. But after I reloaded my PocketBook 623 Tuch Lux the hiragana keyboard appeared again.
Try for the test to install my German-Russian dictionary. It's here https://yadi.sk/d/D-UKII0wlzOkAQ

You need to see if the German keyboard has umlaut characters - ü ö ä.
If it has, may be something can be done with hiragana keyboard. I have an idea in this case.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:02 AM   #20
nilnil
nilnil began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihhim View Post
Hiragana keyboard appears by default in my dictionaries.

One time English keyboard appeared instead hiragana keyboard. And I wanted to reinstall the dictionary. But after I reloaded my PocketBook 623 Tuch Lux the hiragana keyboard appeared again.
Try for the test to install my German-Russian dictionary. It's here https://yadi.sk/d/D-UKII0wlzOkAQ

You need to see if the German keyboard has umlaut characters - ü ö ä.
If it has, may be something can be done with hiragana keyboard. I have an idea in this case.
I installed the German-Russian dictionary, but to use German or Russian keyboard I need to choose them separately in the keyboard menu, they don't appear automatically. The German one has umlauts.
I think the hiragana keyboard appeared once before I updated my firmware, maybe I should go back to an older release...?
nilnil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 01:20 AM   #21
mihhim
Enthusiast

Quote:
I installed the German-Russian dictionary, but to use German or Russian keyboard I need to choose them separately in the keyboard menu, they don't appear automatically. The German one has umlauts.
I think the hiragana keyboard appeared once before I updated my firmware, maybe I should go back to an older release...?
That's bad. My Japanese-English and German-Russian dictionaries have built-in keyboards. As I see, you can use at your device just the keyboards that your pocketbook has.
I don't know why your device ignores keyboards that built-in in the dictionaries. Maybe you should really go back to an older version.
Old 12-20-2019, 01:26 AM   #22
mihhim
Enthusiast

And maybe your ereader just need a reboot.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:32 AM   #23
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
I don't get it.

I have to switch between keyboards manually when selecting a different dictionary (at least while looking up words inside the reader app in custom dictionaries).
Are you saying selecting a RU dictionary for example should bring up the RU keyboard automatically?
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 02:43 AM   #24
mihhim
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMole View Post
I don't get it.

I have to switch between keyboards manually when selecting a different dictionary (at least while looking up words inside the reader app in custom dictionaries).
Are you saying selecting a RU dictionary for example should bring up the RU keyboard automatically?

Some dictionaries have only the same keyboards that your pocketbook uses for the search information in text files. You have to switch between keyboards manually when you select these dictionaries.

Some dictionaries have keyboards that built-in in them. Then you can use only the dictionary built-in keyboard. And of course, if you select for example such Russian-English dictionary, it'll show you its russian keyboard.

Last edited by mihhim; 12-21-2019 at 02:54 AM.
Old 12-29-2019, 04:45 AM   #25
mihhim
Enthusiast

I advise to use Japanese dictionary with Coolreader. The Coolreader from here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=256917 can correctly work with Chinese hieroglyphs. So it can combine many Japanese hieroglyph words too.

P.s. What do you think should I add to my hiragana keyboard some most frequently used kanji? For example 日一国会人年大十二本中長出三同時政事自行社見月分. May be you want to offer your kanji list?
Old 08-05-2020, 01:00 AM   #26
mihhim
Enthusiast

I've made new Japanese(Romaji-Hepburn)-English dictionary that can work with macrons: ā ē ō ū. It's here https://yadi.sk/d/j91BRJZ0Ak41hQ
Old 04-09-2021, 09:40 AM   #27
mihhim
Enthusiast

Quote:
When I use the dictionary, I only get English keyboard, and when I check the keyboard choice menu there is no hiragana setting available, so I can't really search the dictionary... I tried out all three dictionaries you made (kanji, hiragana and the combined one) and it's all the same.
I had for sometime the same problem. The solution of the one was so:
1. Set the Chinese language at system menu.
2. Open the Japanese dictionary with hiragana keyboard.
3. Open the keyboard in the dictionary. (It'll be hiragana keyboard this time).
4. After that you may set the English language at system menu. The hiragana keyboard will remain.
Old 04-14-2021, 03:14 PM   #28
mihhim
Enthusiast

I would like that the Сoolreader could work with the Japanese as it can work with Chinese. I tried to edit the files chars.dic and words.dic in the folder "chn". But adding Japanese chars and words doesn't change anything. I think the file chars.dic has a complicated structure. Could anyone help me know how can be added Japanese chars and words?
Old 04-15-2021, 02:03 PM   #29
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
@mihhim Would you be so kind to post a link to your language files (collates, keyboard and morphems, preferably zipped up)?

I found that they tend to get lost as members lose interest in the forum over the years. Apparently, there were a lot of good Greek files, but they got lost. Don't want it to happen to your work as well.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 03:43 PM   #30
mihhim
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
@mihhim Would you be so kind to post a link to your language files (collates, keyboard and morphems, preferably zipped up)?
Good. But I have not now the final sources of my language files with me. They are on the other computer. But I'll try do it on the next week.

I'll be ready to upload not only collates, keyboard and morphems but the sources of the dictionaries too. They were modified by me quiet a lot.
It'll be if someone ask here for it.

Tags
626, dictionary, japanese, lux 2