Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #226
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
ImageGallery now supports CBZ files.
I'm working on CBR files!!
Old 06-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #227
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ImageGallery supports now CBZ and CBR!!
Advert
Old 06-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #228
canopus
canopus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
wow...
thankz a lot, silver...

Maybe i've just missed it in previous posts, but... why the "version 1.6 alert", open always?
If I remember well, you said that it will open only the first time... :P
Old 06-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #229
silver18
THE NOOB

5.1.0 firmware broke compatibility with my alerts and I still don't know why: every alert opened by a page different from index.html makes the app crash.
Only workaround I found for this was to add a welcome popup: this makes other alerts open without problems!
In v1.5, this popup was shown every time you return to home and this was annoying!!
What I meant is that, with v1.6, this popup is shown only EVERY time you open the app, not EVERY time you return home.
I know is annoying to tap ok every time you open the app, but I really don't kniw what to do to fix it!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #230
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
5.1.0 firmware broke compatibility with my alerts and I still don't know why: every alert opened by a page different from index.html makes the app crash.
Only workaround I found for this was to add a welcome popup: this makes other alerts open without problems!
In v1.5, this popup was shown every time you return to home and this was annoying!!
What I meant is that, with v1.6, this popup is shown only EVERY time you open the app, not EVERY time you return home.
I know is annoying to tap ok every time you open the app, but I really don't kniw what to do to fix it!
I hope amazon does not start intentionally breaking "unauthorized" code like this with each new update. 5.1.0 sure broke a lot of stuff.
Advert
Old 06-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #231
pookakitten
Connoisseur
pookakitten began at the beginning.

Device: K5
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
ImageGallery supports now CBZ and CBR!!
Will the contents need to be 0 1 2 3 etc.?
Old 06-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #232
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I hope amazon does not start intentionally breaking "unauthorized" code like this with each new update. 5.1.0 sure broke a lot of stuff.
I hope not!!! 5.1.0 sure broke half of my app, but it pushed me deeper in WAFs and I ended up with many new features...
Still, I can't get the pinch-to-zoom and this alert-thing to work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookakitten View Post
Will the contents need to be 0 1 2 3 etc.?
No, cbr and cbz files can contain images named as you want (they must be, obviously, numbered in some way!).
Old 06-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #233
alaiksander
Enthusiast
alaiksander began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.0
@Silver18
I'd like to suggest you to edit your first page post for links to the updates for the sake of easiness, because you are not the thread starter. I hope that will be a good help for everyone.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #234
captainreuben
captainreuben began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I'd like to second that. Perhaps we could encourage Silver18 to post to Github or something?
Old 06-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #235
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I think this app deserves a dedicated thread with an updated first post.

it is time to move
Old 06-17-2012, 05:34 AM   #236
silver18
THE NOOB

I'm currently tesing the new release. This takes a lot of time as I added three scripts (file rename, CBR & CBZ decompression and folder remove) and I want to be sure they don't mess up with users' files.

Next release will have its own page, though!
Old 06-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #237
alaiksander
Enthusiast
alaiksander began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.0
looking forward to it
Old 06-18-2012, 01:09 AM   #238
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
renaming the images could be done automatically just before running the app.
you could add this script to the beginning of the start.sh

for example like this: it could check all the folders inside Gallery and search for a 0.jpg. then it could execute the renamer for the folders that does not contain 0.jpg.

just an idea
Old 06-18-2012, 03:47 AM   #239
silver18
THE NOOB

That's exactly what it does (it sorts filelist then checks for "0" image without extension, though).
I don't want to run it in start.sh as it takes a few seconds (30-60).
Old 06-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #240
silver18
THE NOOB

I'm about to release v1.7 and I'm thinking about changing name....
As it isn't anymore an image gallery, but a comic reader, I thought about "Komic" (with the Kindle's "K" at the beginning)....
What do you think?
Any suggestion?
Closed Thread