Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-10-2021, 04:41 PM   #1
kobocomeon
kobocomeon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Workflow to auto update annotated PDFs

Hi,

I use calibre with my iPad, and im wondering if there is a way to automate this workflow -

I often download a PDF/EPUB from calibre, use Kybook/Documents on my iPad to read and also highlight/annotate (particularly if its a PDF). I then save the annotated version back in my library, overwriting the original (I don't care about preserving the original).

Is there a way to get the auto-add feature to automatically recognize when I put in an annotated version of an existing book and overwrite it (or just add the new file to the original document)?

I know each book has a unique ID in the DB, so even a simple solution like - add the file to existing book if its named like "<id>.pdf" where <id> is the book ID would work well.

Last edited by kobocomeon; 08-10-2021 at 04:44 PM.
kobocomeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 04:50 PM   #2
kobocomeon
kobocomeon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
(plsignore this reply added this by accident)
kobocomeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert