Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-21-2018, 01:02 PM   #1
manojit
manojit began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Sanskrit font

Sanskrit font in Bhagavad_Gita_As_It_Is.epub (downloaded from here) does not show in my Kobo Aura H20. Using Calibre to do epub-to-epub conversion with "embed all font in document" option did not help. Calibre has KoboTouchExtended and Metadata Reader/Writer plugins installed. I tried some of the steps suggested in this 4-yr old thread, did not help either. I am wondering if someone here has figured this out by now. I use Bookerly font and Kobo software version is updated to the latest (4.7.10413). Thanks for any help.
manojit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:28 PM   #2
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by manojit View Post
Sanskrit font in Bhagavad_Gita_As_It_Is.epub (downloaded from here) does not show in my Kobo Aura H20. Using Calibre to do epub-to-epub conversion with "embed all font in document" option did not help. Calibre has KoboTouchExtended and Metadata Reader/Writer plugins installed. I tried some of the steps suggested in this 4-yr old thread, did not help either. I am wondering if someone here has figured this out by now. I use Bookerly font and Kobo software version is updated to the latest (4.7.10413). Thanks for any help.
On my device, also 4.7.10413, the book (as downloaded) is displayed fine. Of course, I did not go through the whole book. Any special character that is missing?
Which of the recommended steps did you follow?

Edit: First I thought you are talking about the transliterated Sanskrit. You should have indicated that you mean the Devanagari version. You need a Devanagari font. I use Sanskrit 2003, which is free.

Last edited by tshering; 01-21-2018 at 02:37 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2018, 05:32 PM   #3
manojit
manojit began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
First I thought you are talking about the transliterated Sanskrit. You should have indicated that you mean the Devanagari version. You need a Devanagari font. I use Sanskrit 2003, which is free.
Yes I meant Devanagari display (English transliterations show fine), sorry about the confusion. Let me try Sanskrit 2003. Thanks.

Update: Just installed Sanskrit 2003 - works perfect (raised the font weight a bit using this patch).

Last edited by manojit; 01-21-2018 at 05:52 PM.
manojit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
devanagari, kobo aura h2o, sanskrit