Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 05:41 PM   #91
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:33 PM   #92
78mn78
78mn78 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
another image demand...

Hello,

I dissasembled my Kobo to make an security copy of the SD, but I was not able to detect the card on my windows PC, and when I reassembled the kobo, It dosen't switch on any more...

Do you have any idea of the problem ?

I thought to try with a new image disk on a new micro SD card. Would it be possible to get this image disk from you ?

Best regards,
Advert
Old 01-20-2019, 05:56 PM   #93
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78mn78 View Post
I dissasembled my Kobo to make an security copy of the SD, but I was not able to detect the card on my windows PC, and when I reassembled the kobo, It dosen't switch on any more...

Do you have any idea of the problem ?
Windows doesn't properly handle removable media with multiple partitions. Plus, two of the partitions have file systems that Windows doesn't handle. This leads to Windows prompting several times that the card is needs to be formatted or has problems. If you don't do anything, it should be OK. But, if you say yes to any of the prompts, the card stops being a Kobo ereader card.
Quote:
I thought to try with a new image disk on a new micro SD card. Would it be possible to get this image disk from you ?
PM sent.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:58 PM   #94
Red DAN
Red DAN began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647
Hi davidfor! Please send me a copy of image. Thank you in advance!
Old 03-01-2019, 06:44 PM   #95
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Advert
Old 03-07-2019, 03:40 PM   #96
jarro
jarro began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Hi davidfor. I have Kobo Aura 2 1st version. My device doesn't work. I think the sd card is failed. I need Kobo Aura 2 image. Could you also send me a PM with a link. Thank you for your help!
Old 03-07-2019, 06:13 PM   #97
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 03-23-2019, 05:36 AM   #98
zorrodee666
zorrodee666 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd Edition
Can I please have the Kobo Aura 2nd Edition version 1 SD card image. I need to add more memory to my device. Thanks!

Last edited by zorrodee666; 03-23-2019 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Add more information
Old 03-23-2019, 06:40 AM   #99
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

But, if the device is working and you are increasing the storage, I would recommend taking the image of the current card and restoring that to the new card. That will keep you serial number and is only slightly more work than restoring the image.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:28 AM   #100
Goshzilla
Zealot
Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket Ebook 1150
I have the 32gb version of the Kobo Aura One 2nd Edition, and it's been accidently bricked when I pulled the cable out while hooked up to PC. Can an SD image restore my Kobo to working condition? If so, does the standard version of the Aura One 2nd Edition image work with the 32gb version?
Old 03-29-2019, 08:49 AM   #101
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshzilla View Post
I have the 32gb version of the Kobo Aura One 2nd Edition, and it's been accidently bricked when I pulled the cable out while hooked up to PC. Can an SD image restore my Kobo to working condition? If so, does the standard version of the Aura One 2nd Edition image work with the 32gb version?
Sorry, there is no such thing as a "32gb version of the Kobo Aura One 2nd Edition". There is an "Aura ONE" that has 8GB of storage, an "Aura ONE Limited Edition" that has 32GB of storage. These are the same devices except for the amount of storage. The don't have an internal SD card. I haven't seen an image for them or know a way to restore it if it existed.

Then there is the "Aura Edition 2" which has 4GB of storage. This does have a internal SD card and I do have an image for it.

As you state 32GB of storage, I assume you mean the "Aura ONE Limited Edition", so I can't help with an image for it.

But, it is unlikely that an accidental unplugging would actually brick it. Forcing it to turn off and then on could fix it. Or doing a manual factory reset. Of course, it also depends on exactly what happened when you disconnect, what is on the screen and what happens when you press the power button.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:22 AM   #102
Goshzilla
Zealot
Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket Ebook 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, there is no such thing as a "32gb version of the Kobo Aura One 2nd Edition". There is an "Aura ONE" that has 8GB of storage, an "Aura ONE Limited Edition" that has 32GB of storage. These are the same devices except for the amount of storage. The don't have an internal SD card. I haven't seen an image for them or know a way to restore it if it existed.

Then there is the "Aura Edition 2" which has 4GB of storage. This does have a internal SD card and I do have an image for it.

As you state 32GB of storage, I assume you mean the "Aura ONE Limited Edition", so I can't help with an image for it.

But, it is unlikely that an accidental unplugging would actually brick it. Forcing it to turn off and then on could fix it. Or doing a manual factory reset. Of course, it also depends on exactly what happened when you disconnect, what is on the screen and what happens when you press the power button.
Yeah I have the Aura ONE Limited Edition, I was reading a CBZ file on my device while it was hooked up to a PC, the image frozen on the screen is the first page of that CBZ file.

I've tried to do the manual reset, but nothing happens when I plug into a USB charger and no light ever goes on.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:15 PM   #103
dennisju
dennisju began at the beginning.

Device: Aura édition 2 v2
Unfortunately my aura edition 2 v2 got bricked today. Can someone provide me with an image? Many thanks in advance.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:56 PM   #104
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:27 AM   #105
sportmint
sportmint began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd
Image...

@davidfor
Please send me a copy of a image. I have a new Kobo Aura 2nd Edition and the SD-Card is 8GB.

Thank you very much!
Closed Thread