Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 03-09-2016, 10:19 AM   #76
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
1) It just simply goes back to non-Pro mode, without saying goodbye. But when I tap on Buy Pro, it complains about the services.

2) CB shows HTML codes as text. Nothing fancy, just blockquote, bold, italics. But this I think can wait in line after more important things.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:36 AM   #77
Hofferic
Enthusiast
Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1st gen, Moon+ Reader, CalibreBox Pro
1) Okay, I will add some kind of caching to fall back to in case google doesn't answer (currently the app starts without ads OR pro features and tries to get the license state three times - if that succeds you gett full pro features, if it fails it switches the ads on). This will definitely be in the next update, but that has to wait for a library update from google as I started using some new functionality that can currently cause benign-but-annoying crashes when re-opening the app after after it is evicted from memory -.-

2) Just displaying it should be a doozy, the handling for all kinds of custom column data retrieval is already there. Creating such a column in a test library and making sure the html gets decoded correctly should not pose a problem, I already do that for ne normal comments after all
Hofferic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:46 PM   #78
Hofferic
Enthusiast
Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Last comment for these two issues for now.
The license will be cached starting with the next update, completely bypassing google play services once it has been validated the first time (assuming the code works as it is right now, as the developer of an app you cannot do all that much testing when in-app purchases are concerned. bugger -.-), So if the issue persists for you after installing the next update please comment here again as that will mean there is something wrong.
The custom comment columns where indeed already implemented - with a tiny typo that meant nothing actually happened there. So I fixed the typo and spruced it up a bit - custom comments will be tacked onto the regular summary just as they are in calibre, instead of appearing down with the other custom columns.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:14 AM   #79
Hofferic
Enthusiast

Hey, sorry for the late answer but I did not get the update email :/
The app is still working fine and in fact in active development (though that will probably slow down once I start my new Job in April...).

The system requirements are basically any Android phone or tablet running Ice Cream Sandwich (SDK 14) or newer. Also your library needs to be synced to dropbox. Apart from that it should run on pretty much everything. You will get some slower searches and reduced image fidelity (to reduce resource use) on really low-end devices, but apart from that there should be no problems.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:47 PM   #80
lazorbeam
Connoisseur
lazorbeam began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone; Fire HD
Hey Hofferic, I just upgraded to Pro and I love the swipe between books option! It's worked very smoothly. Being able to view custom columns in book details (specifically word count) is much appreciated too. Thanks!
lazorbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:08 AM   #81
BoerOpi
BoerOpi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hi Hofferic, I'm a very satisfied user of your app in pro version.
One question if i may...
Dropbox offers a way to share a folder structure with a link: "Anyone with the link can view this folder"
Would it be possible to configure CalibreBox to access my library using such a link?
I want to offer my library to my family but I don't want them to use my dropbox account.
thanks!
BoerOpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:15 PM   #82
Hofferic
Enthusiast

Hey BoerOpi,
Sorry for taking so long but work, personal stuff and all the other usual excuses...

In general you should already be able to do this kind of thing using Dropboxes built-in sharing tools.
Simply share your entire library folder (the one containing the metadata.db file, named the same as your library) with your family. As long as they have their own Dropbox account and you make sure you use the associated email address to invite them, they will be able to add the shared folder to their Dropbox file tree.
These shared folders will automatically be kept up to date and should work for CalibreBox just like a regular folder.

You may have to make sure that no-one but you opens these shared libraries in calibre though, to avoid corruption of the database. This issue can be forced on your side by having the shared folder be "read-only" for the invited people. Calibre itself may be very displeased about that on any account but yours, but CalibreBox will never try to write to your Dropbox in any case.

I hope I could help and again apologies for the late answer.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:20 AM   #83
BoerOpi

Hi Hofferic,

Absolutely no need for any apologies!! Thanks for your answer.

I am aware of this way to share a dropbox folder with my family but the drawback is that they need to have an expensive dropbox-account too.
My library is far beyond the 5gb that you get when creating a free dropbox account. (my gr.children are students...can't afford much... )

I thought the link-sharing option of dropbox was a way to avoid that.

anyway, thanks for your excellent app and all the best!

BoerOpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hofferic View Post
Hey BoerOpi,
Sorry for taking so long but work, personal stuff and all the other usual excuses...

In general you should already be able to do this kind of thing using Dropboxes built-in sharing tools.
Simply share your entire library folder (the one containing the metadata.db file, named the same as your library) with your family. As long as they have their own Dropbox account and you make sure you use the associated email address to invite them, they will be able to add the shared folder to their Dropbox file tree.
These shared folders will automatically be kept up to date and should work for CalibreBox just like a regular folder.

You may have to make sure that no-one but you opens these shared libraries in calibre though, to avoid corruption of the database. This issue can be forced on your side by having the shared folder be "read-only" for the invited people. Calibre itself may be very displeased about that on any account but yours, but CalibreBox will never try to write to your Dropbox in any case.

I hope I could help and again apologies for the late answer.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:23 PM   #84
tolham
tolham began at the beginning.

Device: nexus 6p
When I log in to onedrive, it says "error communicating with the cloud!". android, free version.
tolham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:44 PM   #85
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoerOpi View Post
Hi Hofferic, I'm a very satisfied user of your app in pro version.
One question if i may...
Dropbox offers a way to share a folder structure with a link: "Anyone with the link can view this folder"
Would it be possible to configure CalibreBox to access my library using such a link?
I want to offer my library to my family but I don't want them to use my dropbox account.
thanks!
And using the caliber server, does not it work for you? remember that to use it, you must leave the computer on where the caliber is installed.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3000 mediante Tapatalk
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:34 AM   #86
BoerOpi

Thanks for your reply,

No, I can't keep my computer on all the time at home, am traveling a lot and my laptop goes with me :-)

Still hoping to find a way in which my relatives can use a program like this and use the read-only link to my dropbox....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
And using the caliber server, does not it work for you? remember that to use it, you must leave the computer on where the caliber is installed.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:54 PM   #87
allanahk
Connoisseur
allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Is there anything like this for iOS, where a computer server doesn't have to be running to access the files/library info?
allanahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:22 AM   #88
whitlow.ws
whitlow.ws began at the beginning.

Device: Androis Phone
Book Identifier links

Is there any way to have the book identifier link displayed? Example my books all tie to the goodreads, ISBN, or Google identifier which links to the book description on that site. The links are in my library but do not show in the book description in the app. By the way, love the app.
whitlow.ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 02:31 PM   #89
mezme
Connoisseur
mezme began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700
Love this app... but would love a search by author option
mezme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:34 AM   #90
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezme View Post
Love this app... but would love a search by author option
hello @mezme it is possible to sort by author, it is in the option list sorted and selected by author.

dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, calibre, cloud, dropbox, mobile applications