Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-22-2018, 01:19 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
New Paperwhite 3s (not 4s) $80

At Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle...dle+paperwhite

At Best Buy:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-...?skuId=9439005

According to the "Black Friday" predictors, this is the only Kindle slated to be on sale for Black Friday. Looks like Amazon wants to clear these out.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 01:28 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
well the "predictors" got that wrong . The PW4 is ~30% - £30 off in UK this week
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:00 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
well the "predictors" got that wrong . The PW4 is ~30% - £30 off in UK this week
I think the "predictors" (I read) were predicting sales in the U.S. Odd, though, that they would put the PW4 on sale in the UK but not in the U.S.

Last edited by rcentros; 11-22-2018 at 02:35 AM.
Old 11-22-2018, 02:34 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Kindle Paperwhite 3 (not 4) $85 without Special Offers

Just noticed that it only costs $5 to remove Special Offers on the Kindle Paperwhite 3s on sale? Weird.

https://www.amazon.com/oc/configurat...&wlPopCommand=
Old 11-22-2018, 10:29 AM   #5
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Just noticed that it only costs $5 to remove Special Offers on the Kindle Paperwhite 3s on sale? Weird.

Thanks for this, I would have never noticed it! Of Course I needed another ereader!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 01:04 PM   #6
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:

Only if you buy it without offers. The removal of offers would still be the $20. The sales prices are always based on demand. I was just on the chat with CS this morning asking about Fire tablet kid editions. Specifically asked why the 8" Fire in the 2 bundle looks like a much better deal compared to the 7". Answer: the promoters set individual sale prices by demand. The two 7" 16 gb Fire with kid bumper case, 2 year accident protection and 1 year Freetime included is $119.98. For only $15 more per tablet you get the same bundle in 8" 32gb at $149.98.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:07 PM   #7
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Got mine at Best Buy for $79.00. I was considering getting the newer PW model via Alexa for around the same price but I generally stay away from getting newer models until all of the bugs get worked out. Also, some users here reported the font on the new PW4 looked "washed out" compared to the Papewhite 3.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 10:23 PM   #8
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Tempting but I already stocked up on refurb PW3 32GB Manga ($89) during the Woot sales.

I also prefer the display on the PW3 but I do find the waterproofing on the PW4 quite useful.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 12:16 AM   #9
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Tempting but I already stocked up on refurb PW3 32GB Manga ($89) during the Woot sales.

I also prefer the display on the PW3 but I do find the waterproofing on the PW4 quite useful.
The waterproofing of the PW4 is a plus but it may be off set by lacking a raised bezel. I dropped my other kindles by accident and the raised bezel prevented the screen from directly hitting the floor. Also, when I finish reading I like to place my kindles screen down on the table and the raised bezel protects the screen to a degree from scratches from any debris on the table. However, a case may be prudent for better protection from falls, scratches or light spillage.

Plus, on a whim I contacted customer support to have the special offers removed so hypothetically the PW3 ended up costing $60.

Last edited by Ricky D'Angelo; 11-23-2018 at 12:25 AM.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 03:02 AM   #10
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
The waterproofing of the PW4 is a plus but it may be off set by lacking a raised bezel. I dropped my other kindles by accident and the raised bezel prevented the screen from directly hitting the floor. Also, when I finish reading I like to place my kindles screen down on the table and the raised bezel protects the screen to a degree from scratches from any debris on the table. However, a case may be prudent for better protection from falls, scratches or light spillage.

Plus, on a whim I contacted customer support to have the special offers removed so hypothetically the PW3 ended up costing $60.
Lol, I already have 3x jailbroken PW3 hence the reason for not biting on this particular deal.

If I hadn't gotten an extra PW3 during the Woot deals, I likely would've jumped on this one in addition to the PW4.
Old 11-24-2018, 04:36 PM   #11
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

It looks like they now only have black Paperwhite 3s, WiFi only. But now, changing from "with" to "without" special offers doesn't change the price. (I haven't gone through the whole checkout process, however, but it looks like a new Kindle Paperwhite 3, without special offers, is now $80.)

Last edited by rcentros; 11-25-2018 at 03:07 PM. Reason: replaced "not" with "now"
Old 11-25-2018, 12:05 PM   #12
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
It looks like they now only have black Paperwhite 3s, WiFi only. But now, changing from "with" to "without" special offers doesn't change the price. (I haven't gone through the whole checkout process, however, but it looks like a new Kindle Paperwhite 3, without special offers, is not $80.)
Why would you say that the price is listed incorrectly? The black with offers says $40 saving, the black and white without offers has a $60 saving. Both black and white is still available without offers.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 11-25-2018 at 12:07 PM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 03:09 PM   #13
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Why would you say that the price is listed incorrectly? The black with offers says $40 saving, the black and white without offers has a $60 saving. Both black and white is still available without offers.
It wasn't my intent to say that. Somehow I typed "not" when I meant to type "now." Makes a huge difference. I've corrected the original.

But I didn't notice the "$40/$60" savings. I guess that confirms it. (Or confirmed it anyhow, I don't know yet if the deal is still up.)
Old 11-25-2018, 09:42 PM   #14
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

I need to correct myself ... again. They still have some white Paperwhite 3s on sale. You just have to choose "without special offers." Still $80 for white or black without special offers.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:41 PM   #15
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

I have no impulse control. Despite my protestations, ended up buying a PW3 last night.

Incidentally, I think I might have a jailbreakable factory firmware 5.9.6.1 which might work for PW3s with firmware < 5.9.6.1.