Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-27-2018, 01:07 AM   #16
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Adding a website to the post above of daily (or regularly otherwise) ebook specials . . . . This one falls under the heading of "not publisher-specific":
- The Archive (No connection with the Internet Archive). I've been on their mailing list for some time, but hadn't really looked at their mailings--my loss. They send out a daily list. Yesterday, Friday October 26, they had what they said was "1,000" ebooks marked down. All that I know is that I kept scrolling down and scrolling down--there seemed to be no end to them. All of the ebooks that I saw were great ones, and the prices/discounts were fantastic. Unfortunately, I checked just a little while ago, which was the end of the day, and many of the books had returned to pre-sale prices. I hope that that promotion comes back soon.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 10-27-2018 at 01:13 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 07:29 PM   #17
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Adding a website to the post above of daily (or regularly otherwise) ebook specials . . . . This one falls under the heading of "not publisher-specific":
- The Archive (No connection with the Internet Archive). I've been on their mailing list for some time, but hadn't really looked at their mailings--my loss. They send out a daily list. Yesterday, Friday October 26, they had what they said was "1,000" ebooks marked down. All that I know is that I kept scrolling down and scrolling down--there seemed to be no end to them. All of the ebooks that I saw were great ones, and the prices/discounts were fantastic. Unfortunately, I checked just a little while ago, which was the end of the day, and many of the books had returned to pre-sale prices. I hope that that promotion comes back soon.
Open Road Media has been running this with different books just about every Friday for the last couple months. Most, but not all of the books are from Open Road, but also Rosetta Books and several other publishers. The Archive is their newsletter for history and biographer, Murder & Mayhem for mysteries, The Lineup for true crime and horror, Early Bird Books for a mixture of everything, The Portalist for SF & Fantasy, and there's also ones for romance and lifestyle, I think.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 02:27 PM   #18
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
Open Road Media has been running this with different books just about every Friday for the last couple months. Most, but not all of the books are from Open Road, but also Rosetta Books and several other publishers. The Archive is their newsletter for history and biographer, Murder & Mayhem for mysteries, The Lineup for true crime and horror, Early Bird Books for a mixture of everything, The Portalist for SF & Fantasy, and there's also ones for romance and lifestyle, I think.
Good to know.

I didn't check Early Bird, or Archive for that matter) very often, so never picked up on the information that you gave. Thanks.

I'll have to mark Open Road Media's Friday promotions to my calendar. I think that I used to get a list specifically from Open Road but, if so, I've gotten dropped off of their mailing list.

It would be nice to create a master list, after it appears that people posting on this thread know of no more mailing lists to add. It probably wouldn't take an excessive amount of trouble or time--I think that it largely could be a cut-and-paste job--the "cutting"would be from previous posts.

I wonder--and maybe you know the answer--how does Early Bird choose which ebooks from their other lists will go in their own list?

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 10-28-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 11:24 AM   #19
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I wonder--and maybe you know the answer--how does Early Bird choose which ebooks from their other lists will go in their own list?
I have no idea how they pick the books that go on sale but they've got another 1,000 books sale going on. I'm only giving the link for the portalist, the SF sale, but the links to all the other genres are on the upper left of the web page.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:46 PM   #20
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Someone started, on this thread, a list of websites that have daily deals. Here's one that I don't think has been mentioned. Would be on Non-Publisher-Specific list; however, it is subject-specific--"Christian Interest."
Non-Publisher Specific.
Gospel eBooks. Seems like they consistently have the best deals of "Christian Interest" out there. There are a few "sponsored" ads on the site, but they're easy enough to ignore, if that's what you want to do. However, a lot of those books are free, and you occasionally can find a jewel among them. Another benefit of this website is that they have information that you just can't seem to find anywhere else--like the date that the sale on a book is scheduled to end. If I have time to check just one "Christian Interest" website on a day, this is definitely it. Note: all of their offerings are for Kindles. I've read that they're easy to convert to ePub's; I have no experience with that, myself. Too, if one's on sale, and you don't want Kindle, you can try checking ChristianBook.com, GooglePlay, Kobo . . . . you know, all of the usual suspects.

I still hope to compile a master list of all of the websites with daily deals, and will probably start a non-sticky thread just for making additions to the list, if allowed by MobileRead rules.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 11-19-2018 at 10:55 PM.