Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-01-2015, 01:09 PM   #1
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Pocketbook app for Android questions

I'm really liking this app. However, I'm having trouble figuring out some of the menu things. If anyone knows of a FAQ or a way of contacting the programmers I'd appreciate the links.

Question 1 - how do you jump to a specific page?

Question 2 - it has an Area Configuration menu, but I can't figure out what most of the words mean (I think it must have been translated into English, but the words aren't obvious, at least to me.) What I want to do is be able to tap on the left of the screen and have it page Forward in the book like the tap to the right of the screen. (Sliding my finger works fine for page back as I seldom need to use it).

Thanks for any help.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 04:43 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Question 1 - how do you jump to a specific page?
This is how I can do it on my phone. Tap screen to bring up menus. The bottom has a wide black bar showing page number/total pages e.g. 122/503. If you tap this you have two different slider widgets for changing page.

Quote:
Question 2 - it has an Area Configuration menu, ...
Well I want one, too Seriously... how do you access this. My app version is 1.15.8340
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2015, 11:07 AM   #3
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
1 This is how I can do it on my phone. Tap screen to bring up menus. The bottom has a wide black bar showing page number/total pages e.g. 122/503. If you tap this you have two different slider widgets for changing page.

"2 Well I want one, too Seriously... how do you access this. My app version is 1.15.8340
1. Doesn't work on the tablet - just get something that says "gestures". Of course, I possibly turned something off when I was messing around. I'm going to reinstall it back to the defaults and try again.

2. bring up the round menu, then tap on the little setting icon in the top bar on the right (not in the round menu), which brings up settings. Then tap on the little vertical row of dots on the top right and you get 3 other settings, one of which is Areas Configuration.

My version is the same as yours.

Update: Just reinstalled and I do have the bar at the bottom that lets me change pages! Thanks so much. Now on to how to change the Areas Configuration...

Last edited by peaceridge; 02-02-2015 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Update
Old 02-02-2015, 05:41 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
2. bring up the round menu, then tap on the little setting icon in the top bar on the right (not in the round menu), which brings up settings. Then tap on the little vertical row of dots on the top right and you get 3 other settings, one of which is Areas Configuration.
Yes, I see it now, thanks! I'm not finding it intuitive to use, though. A user manual would be handy - fat chance, I suppose. I'll spend a bit more time with it tomorrow to see if I can figure it out.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:48 PM   #5
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Yes, I see it now, thanks! I'm not finding it intuitive to use, though. A user manual would be handy - fat chance, I suppose. I'll spend a bit more time with it tomorrow to see if I can figure it out.
Found a website that tries to explain, but the current version doesn't follow the website rules - I commented at the bottom - course it is an old site, so probably no one reads it.
http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/15/...ok-reader.html
Advert
Old 02-04-2015, 08:03 AM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

I made a bit of progress with the Areas Configuration. I haven't mastered it by any means but I was able to do enough to do what you said you wanted, i.e. tap-left and tap-right both advance the page. You may have figured it out yourself by now, but if not I can detail step-by-step if you want.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:03 AM   #7
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
I made a bit of progress with the Areas Configuration. I haven't mastered it by any means but I was able to do enough to do what you said you wanted, i.e. tap-left and tap-right both advance the page. You may have figured it out yourself by now, but if not I can detail step-by-step if you want.
I would really appreciate the step-by-step as I still haven't figured it out. I did get the gestures stuff on the bottom left of the reading screen if you need that.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:36 PM   #8
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I would really appreciate the step-by-step as I still haven't figured it out. I did get the gestures stuff on the bottom left of the reading screen if you need that.
Open a book.

Open 'Areas Config' (as per item 2 in your post #3).

Select the 'Base Taps' radio button in the top scrollable menu.
  • Select the left-side 'Base Taps' area by tapping on it. It turns magenta. At this point, you can also change the shape of the area if you want. In the top right corner you should see a list of several 'finger icons'.
  • The first one (single tap option) says 'Screen UP' as default. To change it, tap on it and you get a big 'Select command' pop-up menu.
  • Tap the 'Navigate' item, which opens a sub-menu. Replace 'Screen UP' with 'Screen DOWN' by tapping the latter.
  • Tap SAVE in the top bar then back out back to the book.
You should now be able to page forward by tapping either on the right or the left side of the screen.

Re: Gestures, I haven't played with these yet. If I get stuck, I'll come a-runnin'
Old 02-04-2015, 02:59 PM   #9
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Open a book.

• Select the left-side 'Base Taps' area by tapping on it. It turns magenta. At this point, you can also change the shape of the area if you want. In the top right corner you should see a list of several 'finger icons'.
  • The first one (single tap option) says 'Screen UP' as default. To change it, tap on it and you get a big 'Select command' pop-up menu.
  • Tap the 'Navigate' item, which opens a sub-menu. Replace 'Screen UP' with 'Screen DOWN' by tapping the latter.
You should now be able to page forward by tapping either on the right or the left side of the screen.

Re: Gestures, I haven't played with these yet. If I get stuck, I'll come a-runnin'
Wow! How on earth did you figure that out? It works nicely, though. No more accidental presses that go back one page when all I really need to do is page forward.

Thanks, Jackie!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 03:11 PM   #10
peaceridge
Guru

Thank you so very much works perfect! I was pressing on one of the other "fingers" not the screen up default! Off to see if there is anything else to change!

Quote:
Open a book.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:54 PM   #11
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Wow! How on earth did you figure that out?
What can I say ... it's a gift!
Old 02-27-2015, 01:01 AM   #12
mytrivo
mytrivo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite signature edition
Would someone please tell me what the symbol in the center circle on the left, at the 9 o'clock position is? I figured the others out but that one has me stumped. Thanks.
mytrivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:12 AM   #13
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytrivo View Post
Would someone please tell me what the symbol in the center circle on the left, at the 9 o'clock position is? I figured the others out but that one has me stumped. Thanks.
If it is the little book symbol - after touching it, you'll see 3 "books". The one on the bottom that looks like an open book allows you to have 2 columns when you are in landscape mode. The one on the upper left is normal page turns by touching the right of the screen and the page scrolls to the right. The other on makes it more like a pdf file - you go to the next screen by moving your finger up on the page and it scrolls up.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:56 AM   #14
mytrivo
mytrivo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite signature edition
Thank you peaceridge. I'm sure that's the one. In the epub I was experimenting with nothing happened when I tried any of those. Must have been the way that one was set up.
mytrivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:40 AM   #15
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytrivo View Post
Thank you peaceridge. I'm sure that's the one. In the epub I was experimenting with nothing happened when I tried any of those. Must have been the way that one was set up.
Did you get out of the round thing and see what the actual ebook pages do? When I click on one of them it doesn't seem to make a difference (only seems to shiver) until I go to the book, and turn the tablet sideways or swipe the screen.