Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
Baldrake
Connoisseur
Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Mozart
Kid in a candy store

I've had my Kindle for about a week now. The user experience that Amazon has created is awesome. I'm really enjoying searching around the store for books and just clicking the button to get them onto the Kindle. I have downloaded five books in the last two days, ranging from $0 to $5, all of which look really interesting, and have already read two books by authors I'd never heard of. You can argue the pluses and minuses of different e-readers, but in terms of the total package of bookstore and delivery mechanism, I'm very impressed with the Kindle so far.
Baldrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, baldrake.

Please look at our Patricia Clark Memorial Library for free public domain books.

Beautifully formatted and proofed for error by our own members.

Click on the link below for help.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
Baldrake
Connoisseur
Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Mozart
Thanks for the link, DG! Yep, I worked through Harry's H. Beam Piper omnibus a while back on my old CyBook Opus. Wonderful resource.
Baldrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
I can completely relate to your experience, Baldrake. I've found so many great new books for cheap, stretching into genres I never would've tried before. It's all just so easy, which means there's more time for actual reading. Having a kindle definitely has revolutionized my reading.

How would you describe your reading tastes?
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Glad you are enjoying your new Kindle!

I know exactly how you feel. I have been on a cloud since I got my Kindle. Amazon makes it so easy and offers so many freebies that I can't imagine having any other eReader.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #6
duckeedoug
Zealot
duckeedoug doesn't litterduckeedoug doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
The Amazon is to Kindle, what Itunes is to iPods, an awesome experience. I sometimes get from people that they would never own a apple MP3 product because it supposedly requires iTunes. However these same people don't understand that the true experience comes from the device as well as the online store, which is the reason that Amazon and Apple are tops in the industry. They are selling an experience not necessarily a device. At the same time I have received countless free books from the Amazon Store, and countless free applications and music from the Apple store. There are great resources online for both. For example be sure to check out, for tons of free books and the offering changes every hour:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...ag=dealnewscom

I also have a Sony PRS-505 and although my online experience has not been that great I can find just as much content for the Sony device as I could for the Kindle, it just may take a bit more work depending upon the resources available to the end user. The above two mentioned companies seem to have great customer services resources as well. I don't want to leave out B&N either. Although I have not had a chance to use B&N CS I think that they offer a great experience as well, at least from what I have been hearing.

I am happy for your Amazon experience(s) however, and enjoy.
duckeedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #7
Pingu
Enthusiast
Pingu began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am the same. I have mastered Gutenberg too, and that has been amazing.

I have downloaded about 75 books now, mostly for my kids!
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #8
Pingu
Enthusiast
Pingu began at the beginning.

Device: none
BTW, Being in Australia though it is more limited but I am enjoying 'the hunt' so to speak!
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:43 PM   #9
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Check this thread too https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1260977 where FREE books are pointed to daily. I advise "subscribing" to the thread with instant mail notification, and then checking your email regularly. Free books sometimes only last for a day or less, so an author can get the book into some hands to get reviews.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote