Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-05-2017, 02:53 AM   #1
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Amazon site wishlist search options

I had read in some thread I cannot find anymore that on Amazon.com the search options for the wish-list had been severely diminished. For some unknown reason this had not happened to other sites (such as Amazon.it) until a couple of days ago, when I found that I could not order my wish-list for price anymore.
This severely hampers the possibility for searching and it seems very bad.
I recall that in the thread there was some statement that these options would have been reinstated sooner or later, but this seems not to have happened yet.
Honestly it seems a dubious choice from Amazon because it does not allow me to better look for books which I could buy and I will not buy. Since the limitations were extended to other nations it does not seem that this has a time limited effect, rather the contrary.
Does anybody have an update, if there are statements on when the search options shall be reinstated ?
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 04:01 AM   #2
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
I had read in some thread I cannot find anymore that on Amazon.com the search options for the wish-list had been severely diminished. For some unknown reason this had not happened to other sites (such as Amazon.it) until a couple of days ago, when I found that I could not order my wish-list for price anymore.
This severely hampers the possibility for searching and it seems very bad.
I recall that in the thread there was some statement that these options would have been reinstated sooner or later, but this seems not to have happened yet.
Honestly it seems a dubious choice from Amazon because it does not allow me to better look for books which I could buy and I will not buy. Since the limitations were extended to other nations it does not seem that this has a time limited effect, rather the contrary.
Does anybody have an update, if there are statements on when the search options shall be reinstated ?
I noticed this the other day on Amazon UK and it is hugely negative. The only filter option left is priority high to low, which I do use, though not as much as I have used the price drop/low to high option. There is a furious thread about this on Amazon's own Kindle books forum. Some people there have emailed Amazon customer service and even Jeff Bezos. The replies received are ambiguous (especially the customer service ones) but the ones to the top do seem to offer some hope that this may be reversed.

Last edited by John Hopper; 11-05-2017 at 04:03 AM.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:07 AM   #3
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
I noticed this the other day on Amazon UK and it is hugely negative. The only filter option left is priority high to low, which I do use, though not as much as I have used the price drop/low to high option. There is a furious thread about this on Amazon's own Kindle books forum. Some people there have emailed Amazon customer service and even Jeff Bezos. The replies received are ambiguous (especially the customer service ones) but the ones to the top do seem to offer some hope that this may be reversed.
I tried to find the forum, but there is a message on Amazon.com that the forums are closed. Is that possible ?
Old 11-07-2017, 10:28 AM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
The new forum site appears to be amazonforums.com. There are a couple of threads on the topic of ‘wish list’ but bottom line is that it is what it is and there are no signs that Amazon plans to restore functionality that was there before. EReaderIQ is no longer able to scrape wish lists because they have ‘progressive load’ feature.

If you are using a browser, you can use browser’s text search for ‘price dropped’ to find things with price drops, though this is not as efficient as the former filter for ‘items with price drops’. And of course you can manually change the order or set priority but that is not particularly ‘scalable’ for lists with more than a few dozen items.

Meanwhile it seems Wish Lists are not accessible on Kindles following the latest updates. I cannot add new items or view the lists on the Kindles I use. I am more optimistic about this getting fixed, however.

In a way, it is sort of a good thing if it means I miss out on some deals that I’d otherwise feel compelled to buy. I have 800+ books I’ve yet to read and I manage to add to the pile without any help from the information I used to glean from my wish lists.

Last edited by tomsem; 11-07-2017 at 10:33 AM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:03 PM   #5
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
The new forum site appears to be amazonforums.com. There are a couple of threads on the topic of ‘wish list’ but bottom line is that it is what it is and there are no signs that Amazon plans to restore functionality that was there before. EReaderIQ is no longer able to scrape wish lists because they have ‘progressive load’ feature.

If you are using a browser, you can use browser’s text search for ‘price dropped’ to find things with price drops, though this is not as efficient as the former filter for ‘items with price drops’. And of course you can manually change the order or set priority but that is not particularly ‘scalable’ for lists with more than a few dozen items.

Meanwhile it seems Wish Lists are not accessible on Kindles following the latest updates. I cannot add new items or view the lists on the Kindles I use. I am more optimistic about this getting fixed, however.

In a way, it is sort of a good thing if it means I miss out on some deals that I’d otherwise feel compelled to buy. I have 800+ books I’ve yet to read and I manage to add to the pile without any help from the information I used to glean from my wish lists.
Alas, I am in the same situation, my TBR is similar to yours, but I still hope....
Old 11-09-2017, 01:56 AM   #6
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
I tried to find the forum, but there is a message on Amazon.com that the forums are closed. Is that possible ?
Sorry not to be clearer, I'm in the UK and it's the UK Amazon forums.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:24 AM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Amazonforum.com, not amazonforums.com
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:35 PM   #8
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
USA Amazon Forums were Closed in Oct. As for the Sorting of the Wish list mine quit 5-6 months ago & has yet to be Fixed! And instead of several pages it one Long list! Go to buy something you have to start all over again from the Top... very time consuming & annoying ..
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
USA Amazon Forums were Closed in Oct. As for the Sorting of the Wish list mine quit 5-6 months ago & has yet to be Fixed! And instead of several pages it one Long list! Go to buy something you have to start all over again from the Top... very time consuming & annoying ..
Do not go to manage my content. They borked it first.
Agreeing with you on time consuming and annoying. Also very frustrating.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:04 PM   #10
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Cindy ....They borked it first.

ME>>>

bork.

[bôrk]

VERB

borked (past tense) · borked (past participle) · Borked (past tense) · Borked (past participle)

obstruct (someone, especially a candidate for public office) through systematic defamation or vilification:

"is fear of borking scaring people from public office?"

What does Borking have to do with eBooks & Amazon?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:11 PM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Cindy ....They borked it first.

ME>>>

bork.

[bôrk]

VERB

borked (past tense) · borked (past participle) · Borked (past tense) · Borked (past participle)

obstruct (someone, especially a candidate for public office) through systematic defamation or vilification:

"is fear of borking scaring people from public office?"

What does Borking have to do with eBooks & Amazon?
I was using borked as slang for another word. Use your imagination to figure out the word.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote